anyone ever try this?

I am interested in the skin pigmentation option but have trouble believing that 2d ink will ever really come across as 3d hair, particularly when touched. Some people suggest an FUE to give the illusion of hair but I might not have enough donor area/am a little intimidated by the permanence of surgical options.

What about this, however. I know this may seem a little redundant but what do you think about getting the skin pigmentation and then wearing an extremely short buzzed-length system over it?

Young,

You're thinking about undergoing Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) and wearing a short/cropped hair system over the pigmented scalp?

While I'm not too familiar with the fine details of hair systems, I'm not sure this would be ideal. Frankly, I don't think the micropigmentation would show through the system, and it seems like going for "one or the other" may be a more realistic option.

However, I have seen several cases of SMP combined with a hair transplant, and the two definitely worked together and created a denser appearance all around. Look at this case from Dr. Rassman's SMP site. While it's not technically a transplant + SMP, you can still see how the SMP helped augment the lower density.

Could be something to consider.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Here in London at our company we see and hide the results of this bizarre solution. Personally speaking I would avoid it. It's thousands of dark dots drawn onto your scalp. The concept being that your own real but thin hair will look thicker. I'm from a company called Total Cover Plus. Our product does give a full head of hair. Sadly we're here in the UK so are of no use to you. Each time I take a look on this site my mind boggles! Best of luck. Phil