Eyebrow Restoration

Hi everyone. I just had a brow transplant done last Tuesday. I have been following my doctor's orders to the letter, and as of yesterday began to gently massage away the awful yellow/white crusties that formed over every hair. Today it seemed as though the more I massaged, the worse they got. But she said it was imperative to do this, so I did...even though it freaked me out. I did it while they were moist, which was what I was told to do, and most of them are now gone. I lost several hairs in the process, even being careful. They seemed to just slip right out, and it looked like there was root at the end of several of them, so I was really freaking out over it. I called the office and spoke to a tech, she said at this point, they are in there...so I shouldn't worry? But I can't help it, I AM worried! I didn't see any blood, but just the fact that so many came out and were not just hair, but what seemed to be something on the end (which I am assuming was the root). Now I am going to worry for the next six months. <sigh> Anyone have experience or words of wisdom??

It is normal to see the transplants fall out when brushing the scabs. They should all be gone in the first 3 weeks and begin to grow at 3-4 months. I usually suggest waiting 8 days to brush the scabs off but yours should still be ok and the fact that you didn't see blood means they are safe.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Oh thank you, so much. I was SOOO careful when I was massaging them, but it just seemed as though there were so many that were not "in there" well enough. But evidently that is not the case? I was told that I would only see the hair shaft itself and perhaps the crust still attached, so it really troubled me when I noticed thickening and what looked like roots on the ends of many of them. :eek: