Anyone have CTHR?

CTHR = MHT = SMP = micropigmentation= tattoo, right?

So that's the acronym used by Good Look Ink, Minnesota, right?

They seem to be one of the 'leaders' at least profile-wise.

I don't know about the wisdom of this treatment, and I may well do it soon, if that makes sense!:confused:

Unless you have lots of hair to give a 3d stubble, or unless you avoid the kinds of social activities/venues where guys compete and often ridicule or humiliate each other (in front of girls etc., ) I think having 'ink-for-hair' might not be the wisest thing. I am just waiting to read stories of horrible scenes, even fights because of this. But I grant you I am the paranoid and neurotic type for starters, which attracts that kind of challenger anyway.

IMO

a) The fade, but sometimes unpredictably

b) they blur

c) the have a blue/green hue

d) they hurt to get removed

Still, I want it though!!

nuts!:o

Speaking of GLI

I just saw a video of theirs. A guy who had a hair transplant, with strip scars, was treated. I noticed 3 things about the video.

1) They showed the ugly scars before the treatment, but strangely not after

2) He had the typical pigmentation "helmet line" ( a strong contrast in tone at the 'ink-noink' margins)

3) He kept saying vids don't do justice, that you have to see to believe the transformation. I wondered if he did he see the transformation on others too.

But some of there results look great too. I was a big proponent of theirs because they were/are? willing to gamble on promoting hair growth with ink. But the more I learn about this approach the more I have reason to qualify the ink+hair route.

The kind of tiny dots I want, would be of limited value as background for longer hair, because they are the kind that would suit a #1 buzz.

yeah I hear you. I just am so tired of being skin bald, and am basically a NW6 or 7 at age 25 that I'm willing to consider almost anything. What I like about this is that it won't fall off or require regular maintenance. It looks good in photos but I wonder if it looks/feels really fake up close. I don't want to make myself into a joke. But I seriously can't stand being a NW6/7 25 year old.

It may sound bizarre to you, but frankly being NW6/7 at 25 is better for a shave than being a NW5. IMO the worst buzz/shave deal is for high contrast, darkhair/white skin, nw 5 or even nw4/3, because the horrible raked line of recessed temples goes for ever up the side of their heads, like a line to nowhere except the empty space on top. At higher norwoods the line, recedes into a curve

On the other hand, if you were keen on a little FUE to sprinkle about the tatts, or even a bit of course body hair (maybe not whiskers) it might be OKish.

Are you on meds?

Even so, if you are completely bald, something like HIS or Rassman has to offer might suit you as long as they fade and graduate the sides. Absolutely essential to guarantee they will do this. I don't think GLI graduates ink tone. That doesn't mean they can't achieve graduation via use of pressure, but that makes it a lot more hit and miss. (Of course you know I am a world-reknown tattooist here..NOT)

But it seems to me the temptation for the artist to 'fill up the area' all the way to the white line (or whatever color magic marker they use) would be easy. After all, making it uniform is easy and they can always say, as you look horrified in the mirror at your new ink helmet, "Hey, chill...it will fade, give it a few weeks to settle". No doubt it will fade, but can they guarantee the edges will fade in a nice way, slightly more than the rest?

Check out my post "Hair Tattooing". There were a lot of good responses including several from Dr. Rassman who I believe is the only doctor to offer this procedure.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts