Thickens or Just More Hair?

Hey Guys,

I've read many posting that talks about hair thickening over the first year+. Being 6 months post op, I've seen a major "thickening" in the past 4-5 weeks. I also expect more so over the next 5-6 months.

My question is this -- when people talk about "thickening," are the individual hair's actually thickening? Or are there just a number of shedded transplants that don't sprout for as long as 9-12 months later? Or is it both?

thanks!

Hey Guys,

I've read many posting that talks about hair thickening over the first year+. Being 6 months post op, I've seen a major "thickening" in the past 4-5 weeks. I also expect more so over the next 5-6 months.

My question is this -- when people talk about "thickening," are the individual hair's actually thickening? Or are there just a number of shedded transplants that don't sprout for as long as 9-12 months later? Or is it both?

thanks!

SharpTooth,

"Thickening" refers to the literal fattening of the hair follicle as it matures. Hair will also darken and begin to match your natural hair color in time.

Of course, new hair growth can occur over a period of several months. Typically by 8 to 10 months, all of the new hair has at least started to grow, but takes months to mature.

I hope this helps.

Bill

that's good to know PGP. but is that typical or only for some and few??

i notice the new avatar. are you trying to piss Eman and B spot off or what? icon_smile.gif

as you might know "the ship is sinking" in my part of the town, plus all the talk of letting Halladay go....so hence the avatar change.

Originally posted by Mr. GQ:

that's good to know PGP. but is that typical or only for some and few??

If you look at anyone who posts up a 2 year follow-up, you will see a significant cosmetic difference to the prior year. It is the nature of hair cycles.

I think this is esp. true for those with thick coarse hair to begin with.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

If you look at anyone who posts up a 2 year follow-up, you will see a significant cosmetic difference to the prior year.

hmmm i can't say that i have seen it but perhaps i just wasn't looking hard enough. besides there are very few ppl in here that are willing to post their pics past 18 months let alone 2 years. but it's def something that i'll keep in mind from now on while checking other ppls results.

so is it fair to say and conclude that PGP has thick coarse hair??? icon_wink.gif

also HairHope who did you go to for your second FUE HT???