Newbie needs some advice!!

HairNoob

Hey guys!!

So basically, my hair loss is unfortunately self-inflicted, in my silly teenage years I wore my hair in tight ponytails for a long time which has now caused traction alopecia and now transplanting is my only option.

I went to Harley Hair Clinic last year for a consultation and was told I'd need approx 300 grafts at a cost of about ?3k, by Dr Tchalakov...

Can anyone shed (sorry for the pun) some light on their experiences with Harley? About costs? About Dr Tchalakov? I've done a lot of research, but I really want to hear from people who have experienced it.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi welcome to the forum. Please please, whatever you do, spend sometime doing your research before you jump into a HT. And whatever you do, stay away from harley street.

There are a list of surgeons on here who do outstanding work, and i would strongly recommend you check out there work before you proceed. I travelled to america from the uk to have my HT, with the exchange rate as it is, it will still work out cheaper than having it done in the uk. Most people like myself on here have had to travel abroad to have repair work for a poor HT conducted in the uk.

Best of luck :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I have heard nothing but horror stories about that clinic. The only clinic in the UK I have seen good results from is Farjo. But you should consult with doctors in other countries and be prepared to travel. You don't want to get a HT wrong the first time.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Can't comment on the doc as they are unknown to me, but 300 grafts is a small number. In the vast majority of cases, if a person has enough hairloss (of whatever sort) that it is noticeable and they want to take the surgical restoration option, then they require far more than 300 grafts for a satisfying result.

Were you offered FUE or FUT (strip)? If the price is in UK pounds then it's steep either way.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I went to the private clinic for a consultation, all looked good until you scratch under the surface. I promise you im not trying to sell any doctor to you. Like i said if you look through the various docs on here you will see results presented on here where the docs are right on the money every time.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014