The plunge: Preparation for Hair Transplant

Hi all, I've just learnt about this website, and I would like to ask, how do I get started in preparing for hair transplantation?

I'm keen on seeking consultation and eventually surgery with Dr. Rahal, but how do I get started with this big administrative duty?

Appreciate if you can help me in this.

The nervous one.

Hey and welcome this site will be an extremely valuable tool for you as it was for me and many of us!

With that said, you should spend some time (I spent years) on this site researching HT's and the doctors who perform them. With research comes a vast knowledge and understanding on HT's.

To quickly answer your question as noted above educate yourself prior to consulting with dcotors this way you can understand everything they tell you and can ask intelligent follow up questions. You mention Dr. Rahal...you can go to his website and schedule an online consultation or phone consultation. I had originally a phone consultation where you send in your pictures and he calls you and discusses his approach that he would take based on your loss.

Check out my website and write ups of my HT and this should give you a beginning as to what a HT is like and what to expect. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Hi all, I've just learnt about this website, and I would like to ask, how do I get started in preparing for HT?

I'm keen on seeking consultation and eventually surgery with Dr. Rahal, but how do I get started with this big administrative duty?

Appreciate if you can help me in this.

The nervous one.

Capelli gave you great advice!! You could not pick a better surgeon than Dr Rahal in my opinion!! He is a great surgeon and a genuinely nice guy...good luck on your journey...whats funny is you will find people going through the exact same thing as you and make good friends on this board..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

If you're interested in Dr Rahal's work then you can always send your photos and details to me. The result is basically the same as filling out the website consultation form. I'm contactable through my profile, but I sent you a PM too.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Dear Cap and Matt (or anyone who is reading this) ,

Thank you for responding to my post. I would like to ask if you guys (or anyone in the forum) can provide me with a checklist or some sort to see if I got all areas covered to see if I'm ready for a HT,

Things I can think of right now are,

1. Has the condition stabilised?

2. Medications that have been taken,

3. Proper documentation for before and after etc.

4. Any health conditions that might induce further complication etc..

I'm quite fearful of going under the knife and I would like to learn what are the risks involved or what is the worst case scenario etc.

I will be most grateful to anyone who can share with me their experience on their planning, during surgery, post surgery, and waiting etc.

Veritas.

Hey...Since you are new you I advise you to keep researching around this site reading every applicable post as there are a ton here to help answer your questions as there are always questions to be answered even when you become very knowledgeable. Once you have researched then you can beginning consulting with top doctors recommended on this site. They will be able to give you a lot of answers based on their professional opinion. Once you start talking with doctors you can see where you are in regards to what can be expected and/or achieved.

Also remember if you want to "hide" your procedure, be sure to allow the hair on the sides to grow significantly longer ahead of time to cover the donor area.

I did this on all of my 4 procedures (including FUE) and it worked very well. In combination with some concealer (Dermatch is my favorite), you can be very conspicuous about your Ht's!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!