Dear Guys

I wanted to share my experience with you all and ask for support and help on going forward into the future.

I have had two previous prodecures with the Hospital Group based in the UK. In the first instance I had a consulatation with Tarquin Blandford in Manchester. I am not going to go into great detail as there is already lots of info on the site re THG and Tarquin, but needless to say I was sold on the idea. Basically my result was that I had a strong hairline fwd of my existing hairline and it was stronger on one side than the other. There was little behind it and what was behind it gre upwards and not in a natural style.

After a year and a half of this, I returned and expressed my dissapointment in another consulation. Tarquin agreed and said he would arrange for it to be done at cost price. ?1500. My procedure was with Dr Williams at Dolan Park. I was happy and at ease when I met him. I told him my concerns and he said he would do the very best for me. Create a more natural hairline and fill in behind and try to blend.

Post procedure, I was happier that the original disaster had gone and a more natural look began to emerge. However, I am still not completely happy with the overall look. It is still quite obvious that I have had a procedure.

I have not had my haircut in over two years. I trim it myself out of fear and embarassement. I have become more reclusive and social i decline things. The weather is a constant burden as if its windy I feel very conspicious and am constantly pushing my hair down to cover the patches.

I returned to Tarquin a third time to speak to him about these things. I finally had an epiphany momement when he decided to go into the room next door there was an adjoining door (I presume intentional so I could hear everyone he said). He did this most amazing and farcial conversation down the 'telephone' telling Dr Westwood that he wanted to get me all wrapped up and finished ! this bizzare convo lasted about two mins, with Tarquin bellowing down the phone certain dates and prices etc !

He returned to the room ...... I saw the light and just thought "do you really see me as that stupid ?" (Granted I have been stupid to hand thousands to that organization) I got up walked out and just thought, Im gonna have to put up with it and live like this. I no longer look people in the eye. I walk with head down. I have become shy and introvert.

Having done some looking around, I am going to go and have a consult with Farjo medical centre and try and get my life back. The consult is next month. I'm hoping and praying and saving like mad in order that I can hopefully get some normality. I have posted some pics. Im afraid I did not have any post op 1 - I was frankly to ashamed.

I should point out I was happy with Dr Westwood in terms of how he attempted to correct the HG earlier procedure (which he did not perform). I think he did as much as he could do in one procedure. I would be happy to actually use Dr Westwood again, if it was not for a deep mistrust I have for The Hospital Group.

Is anyone out there about to do third ? Any hints or tips on Farjo ?

im1.jpg.4e995d5fa6e385bfe7b12d26772f45a7.jpg

im2.jpg.5cd382c050a72c34a2e13a85f7717697.jpg

im3.jpg.9406cc95e25c6016802b43efdbb5e6e8.jpg

Hi Mate

Sorry to here about your experience; I had a consult a few years ago with a guy called stephen Barnes from the hospital group and thankfully I quickly saw through his bullsh*t - quite convincing though; I nearly fell for it.

I saw some of Dr Farjo's work in Manchester a few weeks ago, when we had our hair meet and it looked nice, especially 'Roy from Yorkshire', which is a guy on their web. In person his work looked great.

There are some top docs in USA/Canada and I had work done in Belgium, there are some top docs there too.

As long as you choose a top Doc, your repair should be OK and you can get on with your life.

Good Luck

Hello Andy Northwest.

I am sorry to hear of your previous surgeries.

I had two poor surgeries in the UK, One at Norton and one at FUE clinics.

The Uk has a very poor reputation for hair restoration and unfortunately, you are another victim.

Farjo are the best Britain has to offer but after a lot of research, there are better clinics abroad in my honest opinion for a more reasonable price.

A large number of forum members from here, who are British , fly abroad to have their hair repaired.

I recently travelled to America to see Dr Feller to repair my hair.

When were your previous surgeries and how many grafts did you have?

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im sorry to hear of your bad experiences. I also had a not very good HT with the Hospital Group. There are lots of guys on here who have travelled to get a repair. The main thing to remember is please dont let travelling get in the way. I travelled to New York to Dr Feller and whilst only 4 months out am now starting too see the results in travelling.:)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Hi,

Its hard to tell from the photos that you have uploaded but the hairs do look like they are come out at odd angles. How many grafts have you used so far from the 2 hair transplant procedures? How tight is your scalp? If you need to have a repair you should go to one of the top doctors to fix your hair, because you may not have too much donor hair that you can use and you only have so much hair that you can use.

I've been told that we have between 6000 - 8000 grafts that can be used and then the donor area is exhausted. Do yourself a favour and consider travelling to go to a top clinic.

Good luck

Regards Rod

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear that they managed to talk you into returning for a second procedure there and you didnt get to take advice from other sufferers who had bad results at that clinic.

Tarquin is only there to sell sell sell

and will say/do anything to make the sale,even though he pretends he cares,he doesnt.

i had one terrible result at same clinic as you and thankfully i went overseas to visit a coalition surgeon to get precise and acurrate advice on what the future holds rather than talking to many many people.

A top coalition surgeon will inform you exactly where you stand and what can and cant be done.

theres always hope out there somewhere,just make sure you travel my friend to get the real advice you seek.