Help! What's going on here?

Hey guys.

I've been recording videos over the last year, but more so in since September time, observing my hairline, and general hair and such.

I started taking Rogaine in early October, on the hairline as well, as there was a slight thinning on the very right corner.

Since then, My hairline has gotten A LOT worse, and where there was no problem at all on the left side, there is now a progressively worsening hairline on the left, in just a matter of a few months, with each month or so im noticing its looking worse in the examples.

Is this due to me using rogaine on the hairline, and this is a sign of something good? is this because Rogaine is reacting badly and causing shit? You wouldnt think that something that was perfectly fine would start to go as soon as i start using hairloss meds to prevent it?

At this rate i dont know what the fuck im going to look like in a years time, and im still too young for a transplant :/

gonna attach some pictures...

First photos are from October, this is right before i started using rogaine, though admittedly there was no real concern with my hairline at this point, except for a little thinner on the right side:

This is the left side of my hairline, no real problem at all here, just 4 months ago:

fx8ah1.png

Now here are some shots from late December, when I first noticed that something was going on with the left side of my hairline:

First picture is just my hair combed back, still pretty wet from shower:

11b4z1i.png

next pictures are the left side of my hairline:

nn1hy9.png

2evuwbo.png

Now, here are the screenshots from the video I recorded yesterday. It's really worrying to me that I've gone from no hairloss at all, to this progressively worsening result in under half a year. only months, and this is happening, it looks sparser, and the "thinning" seems to be spreading back further, and wider.

Again, wet hair, and this is me facing the window for direct lighting:

2i95ys6.png

10nalfr.png

r924h2.png

Is rogaine causing this? is this good regrowth or is this Class A hairloss?

And nobody tell me to get on Propecia because ive tried twice and i have instantanious sexual side effects and SPEX advised me not to be taking it if this is the case.

Ill be honest...I can't really tell a difference!!

so you can't see that there is a lot lot thinner area on the side of my hairline now, also that there are lots of shorter hairs falling down going about an inch back and either side?

The hairs were all the same length originally, and now my hairline hairs in the corners are really short and sparser.

You gotta be able to see something here...

It's difficult to make definite judgements from photos when the difference is only minor. I would say that you may have experienced a shed, but the one thing I do think I see in the newer photos is miniaturization along the hairline. Those are the shorter hairs you mentioned. Rogaine shouldn't cause that.

Your hairline looked great before (and hasn't taken a massive hit now either) and IMO Rogaine is best reserved for when hairloss is more aggressive or already more advanced. Some users do report worsening at the hairline.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Your hair looks the same in all pictures. I don't know if the miniaturized hairs in the temples are necessarily indicative of anything. Look at females, many of them which do not exhibit hair loss have those kinds of hairs up front. If you have large zones of miniaturization at and extending well into the hairline then that might be a cause for more concern. Also it could be some regrowth coming in from the minoxidil.

The only part to me that looks like it could be hair loss is the thin spot at the front central hairline. If that is causing worry you could apply some eyeliner to the scalp there that color matches your hair. I have a similar thin spot and it drives me crazy lol

Is it just me or is it people with the most minor hairloss that have the worst side effects from Propecia?

I have the same problem as you no matter what dose of finasterirde. I'm extremely skeptical of the <2% sexual side effects (FDA study). Many other studies have shown a much higher rate. Having said that I would take it if I could lol

Edited by AnthonySC

I don't believe that <2% hype, it sounds like a marketing tactic. I mean, if they said it was 20% or higher, then people wouldn't buy it. But then again, I'm not here to try and run down Propecia as I know many people use it and get results from it, it just isn't for me, unfortunately.

Do you guys think I should stop using Rogaine on my hairline then, and just keep using it on the back of the head where intended?

And trust me, it doesn't look the same anymore, just months later. If i pull my hair in to a mohawk like style at the front, youll see lots of short hairs in the sides on the hairline, running back in a NW1 shape, I never had that just months ago. Only think I can put it down to is Rogaine? think I should try stopping?

I even upped my dosage from once a day to twice a day around a month ago.

The only part to me that looks like it could be hair loss is the thin spot at the front central hairline.

Nah bro, that is definitely not hair loss as I've ALWAYS had that and it was something that I worried about for a good while when I was 14 or so, hahah. I thought I was going bald then and that most definitely was not the case, obviously.

It's a mix of how my hair parts in the centre, the right side goes to the right and the left to the left, and the fact that theres just less hairs there than there could be. if i straighten it or fuzz it up a bit it just looks normal. I often put dermatch on that little spot just incase because people in the past have been like "lol ur goin bald lol" when i was like 16 if i pulled my hair back

Edited by MyNameIsRich