Looking for first HT

trevsutt

Hello all, I am 33 years old and I having thinning hair (stage 4?) and I am looking to do a hair transplant. I have only started learning about hair loss and what not about 2 weeks ago when I decided I should finally do something about it. I will just be getting my first prescription of Propecia this week. I was origionally going to get a FUE done but now I am realizing that there is a high cost combined with yield issues associated with that and I would have to do multiple surgerys to have a true full head of hair. So now I am looking at doing some type of "megasession" so that its a one shot abd done type of thing. My next problem is all the horror stories. It seems like there are bad stories about every single doctor out there. I just want a good job done for a good price. The last thing in the world I want is a botched hair job. And of course just because u go with the highest price doctor doesn't mean you get a good result. I have plenty of money so price isn't the object but i'm not the kind of guy that usually buys the highest price thing everytime. Like I said, I want the best possible job done first and foremost and hopefully for the best possible price (doesn't everybody!LOL). As I am a newbie to this stuff and help is appreciated. Aslo should mention that I live in Calgary, Canada. What doc should I go to???????????????

Hello and welcome.

Good idea on getting started on Propecia. You should consider Minoxidil too.

I prefer the Minoxidil foam for ease of use.

Both help you slow or stop losing the hair you still have.

They won't add much hair, but keeping what you still have is half the battle.

I suggest you watch all the doctor videos to further educate yourself about hair transplantations.

Each doctor has their own twist and you can pickup things that you would get no where else.

I have watched almost all of them.

Even doctors that I am not really considering but just learning from them.

Videos:

Interviews with our recommended hair transplant physicians

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

trevsutt,

Welcome! The nearest recommended physician to you is probably Dr. John Gillespie. If you are open to traveling a little farther you may want to research some of the other world-class hair restoration physicians we recommend in Canada.

Dr. Victor Hasson - British Columbia

Dr. Thomas Nakatsui - Alberta Canada

Dr. H. Rahal - Ontario Canada

Dr. Marla Rosenberg - Ontario Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons - Ontario Canada

Dr. Jerry Wong - British Columbia Canada

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website