Going for consultation with dr zieriing

yippy

Hello

I am 33 years old and have been loosing my hair for over 10 years. I am now virtually bald on top and have a receeded hairline.

I am new to this and have a consultation with Ziering clinic in London

1) What is the best method of surgical treatment. FUT looks best

2) Which surgeons can one recommend in London

3) What experiences does anyone have of using ziering clinic

Thanks

Hi bud

My name is richie , I'm from the UK and I'm a veteran of two hair transplants with Dr Feller in New York and I'm very happy so far .

Real quick because I'm just going out ! hahaha

FUT and FUE both have good points and bad points , but if you need alot of grafts FUT is the way to go .

After years of research , for me , the best transplant surgeons are in North America , canada , and some good work coming from begium recently .

I would not recomend anybody in the UK or London , by all means consult but don't rush into anything until you have researched very well .

Ziering does not perfrom your transplant , any old doctor will , it's justa clinin trading on his name , Jason Gardener paid 22,000 pounds for ziering to work on him personally , this is bad , research well and don't sign up for anything at your consult .

Talk more later

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hey thanks for your advice richie. Its a shame there are no consultants in UK. I have recently started talking with a young lady online and things are going amazingly well. However she does not know about my hair and am planning to meet her in canada where she is soon. However, before this happens I am keen to get a hair transplant quickly before meeting her. Hence why I was looking at having it done here. I dont think I could afford the cost of flying out to new york to have it done. It is expensive enough as it is without having to add flights and accommodation. I hope we can catch up in more detail some time when you are free. I do have consultation at ziering this week so will find out then.

Best wishes

There are lots of good doctors in Belgium, which is close from your place. Some are Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Devroye and Dr. Bisanga. I had my ht by Dr. Feriduni. You should have consultation with these doctors. And do not rush into any decision - A big NO NO. Do your research. Check the work of different doctors. Good luck mate.

Yipppy, that approach will not work.

A hair transplant takes 12 to 18 months to see the full result.

Do not rush the process as you are extremely likely to fall victim in a brutal industry, so take your time.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

yippy,

Welcome! You've received some excellent advice here. Let me emphasize what chrisdav said above. Your hair transplant will take at least a year to mature.

If you are interested in a hair transplant in the UK I suggest consulting with the Farjos.

Dr. Bessam Farjo

Dr. Nilofer Farjo

In addition to the world-class Farjo Clinic, we recommend a number of other clinics in Europe, Asia, The US and Canada. For a complete list click here.

Before you discount the idea of traveling abroad, remember that the exchange rate will work in your favor closing the gap in travel expenses. Also, most clinics offer some sort of discount for patients travel long distances.

Take your time and consult with as many clinics as possible. Don't jump into surgery.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi

Only one in the UK is Farjo. For me, it was a choice between Rahal in Canada and Belgium. I chose Feriduni in Belgium and there are at least another 2: Devroye and Bisanga, both of whom do excellent work. There are some great surgeons in the USA too.

Please don't be fooled by the marketing hype on the web, go for consults and meet patients who have had work done by the surgeons you are considering. A HT is not a walk in the park, this is surgery on your head and the skill of the surgeon and technicians is paramount. You have to choose wisely or you will end up paying again and having repair work! It's hard to trust anybody in this business mate, lots of leeches and confidence tricksters; they will promise you the earth. Go with someone with proven results.

We had a hair meet in Manchester a few weeks back and there were a few guys there who had work done by a number of different surgeons, you could've seen HTs in the flesh. Next one is April/May, maybe you could come along. Not sure on the venue yet.

Good luck

Edited by beardywierdy