Doctor / HT advise required (28/M/India) [Pics attached]

tihom

I am a 28 year old male from India. I am suffering from hair loss since the last 5-6 years or so. I did try a lot of medicines both homeopathic and others but had never been regular and hence my condition has worsened. I am attaching my current pics in this thread. Please advise whether I should go for a HT or not. My hairline has already receded considerably and my crown area is becoming worse with every passing day. Currently I am not taking any kind of medicines for hair loss and would prefer avoiding medicines because of their side effects.

Other hair conditions: I also suffer from acne/boils in my scalp which are painful and itchy most of the time. I do shampoo daily and feel better but I have never been able to cure them.

I have done my research on this forum and I found the following the doctors to be good in India by reading others experiences on the forum:

1. Dr Madhu , Hyderabad (Forum recommended/certified)

2. Dr. Puli Ravindra Reddy, Hyderabad

3. Dr. Radha Rani, Visakhapatnam

Please have a look at my pics and also advise on which doc should I consider.

Thanks.

IMG_0001.jpg.8f76e5f557f8aeb661e89fc8efaa1828.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg.d055d9679016918624595415371e244d.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg.1bc9bb741aff27d2eccd5fd3e8a1af86.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg.cb53890ed1aa15d8f652ac33d6013e39.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg.edf5f34a799b6b0b7d4ff1bdf6273bff.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg.d79a0ea020b49912f02d7c60e65964bc.jpg

I had sent my photographs to Dr Madhu on his website for an online consultation and I got this reply:

Hello ####,

Thank you for contacting us and uploading the pictures and details.From the above pictures it is appearing like male pattern baldness which is a continuous ongoing process.Your existing hair is very temporary hence it is better to consult a dermatologist near by your place and start the medical treatment.There is FDA approved medicine available which helps in retaining your existing hair and prevent further progression of baldness up to certain extent.

Regards,

Dr.Madhu's advanced hair transplant center.

I don't think those drugs are going to help me regain my hairline and my crown area is also getting worse. Please advise what you guys think.

Also, can somebody please PM me Dr. Radha Rani's email id or contact details? I will send the pictures to her as well. Thanks.

tihom,

Dr. Madhu's advice is sound. Based on your photos, you should medically stabilize your hair loss before considering hair transplant surgery.

As the good doctor suggested, consult with a dermatologist and discuss Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). Wait a year and see if the drugs restore any hair.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

tihom,

Dr. Madhu's advice is sound. Based on your photos, you should medically stabilize your hair loss before considering hair transplant surgery.

As the good doctor suggested, consult with a dermatologist and discuss Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). Wait a year and see if the drugs restore any hair.

Hey. Actually I am worried about the side effects of those drugs. Is it a problem if I go for a hair transplant as of now? I thought it would be better to go with it as early as possible because right now I have good amount of donor hair.

And I doubt that those drugs are going to help with my hairline which has fallen back considerably. They will mostly help with the crown area I think.

Dr. Madhu gave you best advice. Looking at your hair loss state anyone will say you are not ready for HT yet. Also those side effects of finasteride is exaggerated(.5mg or 1mg per day will have very minimal side effects). Visit best HT doctor in your city and start medication(no HT now). You have lost most of the hair in crown and so your are lucky in a way as you can hope to reverse hairloss with medication.

Yes it is true that you have to take medicine for many years. Taking less dosage is the key to avoid side effects. Without medics your hair loss will progress to NW6 or NW7. Problem for you to go for HT now is that you will get coverage in some area, but as you dont want to take medics you will get new bald patches in other areas.

Keep in mind medics may not grow hairs but it will atleast ensure no further loss and thicken the existing hair.

Do lot more research before you decide on your path of hair restoration. Most of us take wrong step initially and repend the decision.

Fine. I will consult a good dermatologist and post here. In the meanwhile, if someone has the contact details / email id of Dr. Radha Rani, please PM the same to me.

Thanks a ton everybody for your suggestions and advice.