Any Shampoo For Waxy Dandruff

Greetings People

I am a hair loss sufferer and i have tried every med but it didn't help.When i scratch my head i get white stuff in my nails and i think its waxy dandruff.My head is not itchy but when i see that white stuff i scratch my head and is gets it in my nails.I have tried ketoconazol shampoo,ayurvedic and herbal too but it didn't help.Will Nizoral help or is there any other brand?

bond007,

I don't have direct experience with Nizoral for dandruff but it has an excellent reputation. However, the active ingredient in Nizoral is ketoconazole. If you've already used a similar product with no success then Nizoral may not work either.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

bond007,

I don't have direct experience with Nizoral for dandruff but it has an excellent reputation. However, the active ingredient in Nizoral is ketoconazole. If you've already used a similar product with no success then Nizoral may not work either.

Thanks Mate.Is there any home remedy that you know?Someone told me washing hair with curd and olive oil MAY help.Is that true?

bond007,

You could also start by trying something more simple like Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo. Nizoral anti-inflammatory, as Dave already suggested, is more potent and may do the job. But because it's harsh on the hair and scalp, you should really only use Nizoral a couple times weekly.

If you still feel your dandruff isn't under control after trying a few over the counter dandruff related shampoos and treatments, I recommend consulting a dermatologist who can prescribe something with a little more kick.

Best of luck,

Bill

bond007,

You could also start by trying something more simple like Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo. Nizoral anti-inflammatory, as Dave already suggested, is more potent and may do the job. But because it's harsh on the hair and scalp, you should really only use Nizoral a couple times weekly.

If you still feel your dandruff isn't under control after trying a few over the counter dandruff related shampoos and treatments, I recommend consulting a dermatologist who can prescribe something with a little more kick.

Best of luck,

Bill

Thanks Bill.In my area Nizoral 2%,5%,10% are available.Which one should i try?Twice a week with a gap of 3 day sounds right?

Does the massage with olive and coconut oil help?

Edited by bond007

Thanks Bill.In my area Nizoral 2%,5%,10% are available.Which one should i try?Twice a week with a gap of 3 day sounds right?

Does the massage with olive and coconut oil help?

I've never heard of Nizoral about 2%. You may want to discuss this with your doctor but from what I understand, 2% is a pretty strong solution.

I personally don't believe that massaging with olive and coconut oils is going to benefit you.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Wow... Nizoral 5% and 10%!!!!!! I guess that's too much ketakonezole. You can use nizoral 2% twice a week. No more than twice a week.

I've never heard of Nizoral about 2%. You may want to discuss this with your doctor but from what I understand, 2% is a pretty strong solution.

I personally don't believe that massaging with olive and coconut oils is going to benefit you.

Thank you friends

Hi Bil,

I am on mino 5% and had my transplant 3months back only,but light itching and dandruff is there which is purely is the residual of min.

Can u pl advice the way to come out of it and can i use any hair oil (Pl suggest) and the time to apply the same to keep the scalp moisturised.

Thanks for the valuable guidance for people like us through this site.

Hi Bil,

I am on mino-5% +Fina and had my transplant 3moths back, itching was not there when i used min with Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo for first 2 months, but with other shampoo its there and purely due to residual of mino.

I am using Nizoral aready twice a week, but its still there.

Can you pl advice the way to come out of this, and whether any hair oil-(Pl suggest) can be applied and at what time to keep the scalp moisturised.

Thanks for the valuable guidance for people like us, through this site

SRS,

You may want to try aloe verb gel. I used it regularly after my second transplant to reduce itching and dryness in the donor and recipient areas.

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

I have a question (may sound stupid). I had dandruff outbreaks for a long long time. Wasn't anything bad - like extremely itchy or flakes all over the shoulders - no, nothing like that. Just a regular dandruff which I treated with T-Gel or Nizoral and it would go away for like six months. But about a year ago it did not. i tried a lot of stuff - from head and shoulders everyday to baking soda (mixed with water). Tried to cut my hair short, thought that it will help... Long story short i was eating a lot of sweets and than decided to cut back on them and to my amazement dandruff just kinda disappeared (i was and still am using head and shoulders regularly). Is it possible that it is some how connected with me stopping eating lots of sugar?

Thanx in advance

Dave Little

(promotional link removed)