Scabbing after surgery

The attached pics are from day 10, post-surgery. I wasn't getting worried, but afte reading conflicting info on the site, I am unsure what to do.

Per doctor orders, I did not wash my hair until the 2nd day after surgery, and then since then, I have been doing it daily. No direct contact (putting my hand between the shower head and my head, using lots of shampoo and gently massaging with my fingers.

Should I be more vigorous? Will these scabs just fall off as normal?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

John

h1.jpg.45c99bbf8d3b0259bd31e2dd5b05a1ed.jpg

h2.jpg.b9dcbd5983440668cdefed856e23e28b.jpg

h3.png.b10b7a9970116ec38da581ea09a11c8f.png

Looks fine...the scabs will come off eventually...just follow your doctor's instructions to the tee! Mine came off after I started massaging them off on around day 14...then the shedding started after that too.

Looks fine...the scabs will come off eventually...just follow your doctor's instructions to the tee! Mine came off after I started massaging them off on around day 14...then the shedding started after that too.

johnsecr,

Agreed! Don't worry, they'll come off in time.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The grafts are adhered 4-5 days after surgery, however, we have our patients start the massaging of scabs during shampooing at 7 days post op. Most patients are too scared to touch the scabs. At 10 days post op, the grays would have to be surgically removed so don't worry about massaging them out. We tell our patients they can run the shower water directly on the scabs at this point. The water will loosen up the scabs making it easy to come off. It should only take couple more shampoos before all the scabs are gone.