Do Hair Regrowth Formulas Help? (ex trx2, nanogen, etc.)

Hi All...so I'm now ready for the dreaded 3 month waiting period I was wondering if anyone had experiences with the following products? I'm looking for anything that will assist with the process of growing thick hairs as well as providing the most optimal environment for my hairs to grow. I am already on fin/minox.

Thanks for your insight...here are the products in question.

TRX2

Nonogen VEGF Serum

Saw Palmetto

sr0d,

Admittedly, I have not personally tried any of these products and, in reviewing the ingredients, I'm not at all inclined to do so. I wouldn't put much faith in products such as these. The market is saturated with products making lofty claims. The bottom line is that, as natural products, they don't have to undergo the scrutiny that drugs do and can go to market with no legitimate studies performed.

Like everyone here, I keep my fingers crossed for better non-surgical hair loss treatments to appear but, if and when they do, they are not going to slip under the radar and be known to only a select few. There will be a total media blitz.

In the meantime, Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) are the only two legitimate medical hair loss treatments worth pursuing.

Nanogen VEGF Serum - 3 months supply $109.95

Nanogen Proprietary sh-VEGF Complex

The safe, plant derived growth factors in Nanogen sh-VEGF Complex support any hair loss treatment. The growth factors act to help reduce hair loss, and maintain healthy hair and scalp condition.

Superoxide Dismutase

Provides broad spectrum antioxidant protection and may help to maintain levels of nitric oxide signals. This prevents damage to the hair follicle and maintains blood flow.

Hydrolysed Lupine Extract

Protects the hair from damage that may cause it to fall, reducing hair loss. Maintains cell metabolic rates in the growing hair follicle.

Soothing and Moisturising Ingredients

Niacinamide and beta-glucan combined prevent redness and irritation, and support wound healing to promote a healthy scalp.

Serum VEGF is safe and free from:

SLS and SLES

These common surfactants are very harsh and drying to hair. They can also leave skin dry and irritated when left on the skin for long periods of time, such as with Serum VEGF. Whilst not dangerous, SLS and SLES can be drying, irritating, and pore-blocking, which may lead to folliculitis. Therefore no Nanogen product contains SLS or SLES.

Parabens

Many people worry about the group of preservatives called parabens. Nanogen do not believe these are harmful, but appreciate our client's concerns and so all our products are paraben free.

Glycols

Glycols such as propylene glycol are common preservatives and solvents. These can be pore-blocking and irritating, and so no Nanogen products contains any form of glycol.

Formaldehyde Donors

Many common preservatives in cosmetics are formaldehyde donors. These are not dangerous, but formaldehyde will damage skin and growing hair cells, so no Nanogen product contains them.

TRX2 - ?149.95 per 3-pack (?49.98 per bottle)+ FREE shipping (E.U. only) for any quantity.

Potassium Chloride

Biotin

Carnipure tartrate?

L-Carnitine tartrate

L-Leucine

Valine

Ncotinic acid (Niacin)

I don't put much faith in Saw Palmetto either but at least it's not exorbitantly priced.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website