25 YO, Receeded, Introduction, please read!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forums since I was about 17. (I Think it was this forum, I am not sure it was so long ago). I just wanted to share a bit of info about myself and get some opinions, a dialogue, heck I dunno, talking about this seems like itll feel good.

I've been balding since I was 15 or so. Ever since a friend of mine just blurted, "dude ur balding" while I was getting a haircut, it has had its hold on me ever since.

I hate that I receeded at such a young age and have never been able to enjoy a nice hairline and feel confident when I get haircut/ wind blows/etc. :(

It would have been one thing if I went bald when Im 40 but this just plain stinks. The recession doesnt appear to be too fast and was only recently agitated with AAS use (stupid I know).

So I posted when I was 17 or so on here saying "do I need a HT?" (young and childish), and due to the responses Ive waited til I was older. Ive been saving for 6 years now to get one and am now seriously considering/about to get one.

Below are pics of me when I was (far left)15, (2nd from left)19, and then 3 pics from couple of days ago (25 yrs).

Please read and comment peoples

Hair15yrold.jpg.5c3f27011e4d969c1a52f95bad630ef0.jpg

Hair19yrold.jpg.382588d3813c67d027aadf8ed1e9c736.jpg

Hair25yearsold1.jpg.e04a2a0e135dd26ac21819e3f8c88dc3.jpg

Hair25yearsold2.jpg.192fb1c6c28caa111c96257c382ad501.jpg

Hair25yearsold3.jpg.a4ea6e1be53c43771a6790c4d4dbcc42.jpg

Tim,

Welcome! Speaking in generalities, your young age and aggressive hair loss may make you unsuitable for hair transplant surgery at this time as you are surely destined to continue balding. But, I do urge you to have a consultation with a reputable hair restoration physician. Click here for a list of all hair transplant surgeons in Texas recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Additionally, I highly recommend using both Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). These drugs offer your best chance of maintaining the hair you have now and perhaps even regrowing some hair.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

David speaks wise words.

I started thinning at about 21 or so myself and it quickly picked up by the time I was 23. If you are concerned, see a qualified doctor and speak to them about your options.

Finasteride can stabilize your hairloss as well as Rogaine (crown area)

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes I have thought about waiting but honestly, if I could just have a few short years with a decent hairline, I'd be fine. I've been dealing with this for so long.

Also, the pic second from the left is when I was 19, and the last three pics on the right is now at 25. There isnt much change, and the change there is there is from 10 weeks of injectable AAS use and 2 oral hormone cycles, in which it made me shed lots and lots of hair. Like, stopping up the drain amounts. Other than that it seems to have stabalized. I measure it at each temple and the middle frequently. (For how long, I don't know).

I have spoken with a very smart, articulate doctor here in Houston. A Dr. Arocha, the man is a stud when it comes to hair and made me feel very comfortable about the whole process. My consultation with him went very well, he's very informative. He reccomended 2500grafts. Unfortunately right now he is a bit out of my price range but I will continue to save and research.

Being cautious and waiting is never the wrong thing to do, but I don't think your hairloss could be called aggressive. With a very early onset plus 10 years having gone by, I think your hairloss has been very slow.

You're still young and you will continue to lose hair (it would be wise to start Propecia), but I do think that your gradual hairloss puts you in good candidate territory. And no one could call me an aggressive advocate for hair transplants.

Has the increase in hairloss stopped since your use of The Juice? (The AAS).

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Yes it has. The AAS was the ONLY time Ive noticed shedding since I was around 19 or so. I used it when I was 22-23. After I was done, it abrubtly stopped. Now my hair is strong, and I can comb it and wash it without seeing any hairs really.

EDIT, the 3 pics on the right from current, 25 years old, my hair is combed back NOT forward if that helps

I also have thick dark hair and a good donor area appearentely!

I am seriously considering propecia.

I've yearned for a nice hairline since I was 15 years old (the left most pic). Its rough seeing 40 year old guys with better hair than you when you arent even 20!

Edited by timintex2

dude im in the EXACT same position as you, same age, same receeding hairline

its getting me down soo bad and just not sure what to do, part of me would love to just shave my head get it over with and get on with life, but i cant help but think im going to look an idiot :(

Ah. It's good to know that even though we are the minority, we are not alone. Especially with forums as wonderful as this. Stay strong man. :)

If you were here I'd buy ya a beer, this stinks so much at such a young age.

Ah. It's good to know that even though we are the minority, we are not alone. Especially with forums as wonderful as this. Stay strong man. :)

If you were here I'd buy ya a beer, this stinks so much at such a young age.

definitely helps to talk to people in similar situations buddy

Just feel so awkward talking to any friends/family etc about it :(

Ps id rather you bought me a supply of propecia haha :D

• 2 months later...