Body hair

I have been looking into this as well.

I know i won't be satisfied with the number

of grafts extracted from the donor region.

I'm still waiting for a larger sample of

Bht results,before making an assessment

of Bht. Would help if a few more doctors

gave it a try.

cheers

Here is some very interesting info on Body Hair transplantation.For the first time a published article in a very prestigious magazine.The British Journal of Plastic Surgery.It is my understanding that it's not very easy to get something published there."Body hair transplants"

Woods publishes a case study on chest hair grafts transferred to the scalp.

Br J Plast Surg. 2004 Dec;57(8) 89-91.

Chest hair micrografts display extended growth in scalp tissue: a case report.

Woods R, Woods Campbell A.

35 Stockton Ave, Moorebank, NSW 2170, Australia.

Conventional follicle harvesting techniques for hair transplantation are limited by the available scalp donor hair. The development of an innovative technique of microsurgical single follicular unit extraction has made it possible to exploit body hair grafts for scalp transplantation. This case study reports on 18 months of follow-up on a patient with extensive scalp scarring who underwent a transplantation procedure using donor chest hair. The photographically documented results show a change in the length of the chest hair measuring an average of 4 cm at transplant to 15 cm by 18 months post-transplant. The transplanted chest grafts provided an excellent cosmetic result for hair replacement.

PMID: 15544779

• 2 weeks later...

Hey now! Dr. Woods has published a body hair study.

Most excellent!

I've had some body hair transplanted, but I am a repair case. Body hair is not your first choice for donor hair (head hair is, obviously) but for the guys with depleted donor supplies, then body hair is a God-send.

Just be sure to pick an experienced FUE doctor, don't be one of the guys your doctor is "practicing" on.