FUE into FUT Scar

On 1/29/2012 at 2:31 AM, scar5 said:

ta ta..

DISCALIMER - I too have queries about overharvesting FUE and poor yield. This post is MERELY to show why docs recommend strip!!

..even Dr. Feller bla bla... (someone else adds)

Guys, of course they will recommend FUT!! Guys, come on! ALL docs recommend strip if they do it, and if they are set up for it.

Put yourself in THEIR shoes for a moment.

It's 9AM at the Happy Hair Clinic and under the big sign that says, 'Welcome 'cause we do both' (FUE and FUT)' sits Dr. Feelgood sipping on his morning coffee. His eyes drop to peruse the morning's consults.

Mnn..let's see now.. Billy Balding, 27, NW3, wants FUE, Dad is bald, hates the idea of a scar, wants to be a NW2 and a widow's peak. Mnn, well, we've seen this guy 10 times this week already. Here we go again. Are you ready, Roger Rep? You got so damn good at dealing with this, that guy's eyes 'gonna be poppin when when we show him the pics of 'Mr Moth' alongside those stellar strips where we pull the grown out hair back at the scar seam and it seems invisible. He will be so impressed he wont think about what it looks like shaven. And his ears are gonna be ringing why him, and just him is not suited to FUE... and that FUE suits SMALL jobs.

Who is to say, he won't lose more hair!! and need more grafts! He won't even wanna think about buzzing when he gets the growth form our strip!

In the back room wait four cutters. The four most reliable and genuinely conscientious types you could image. They cut those strips up in no time, with hardly any transection and a smile

Dr. Feelgood gets up and a small creak in his back reminds him of playing with the kids last night. Damn sure no way in the world am I leaning over that guys head to today for eight hours drilling out 1500 measily grafts, while my cutters sit idle in the back room. I suppose I could ask them to doing cleaning.

He ambles into the consult room where Roger Rep had already been softening Billy for the blow. Forgets glasses. Eyes getting strained lately, since he did that damn FUE two weeks ago, damn it.

'Hey Billy'

'Doc, I can't tell you how much I've waited for this. I did my research and I want FUE, cause who knows, I might wanna opt out of the HT route when I'm older, you know'

Roger and Doc exchange a knowing glance and warm smiles.

'Billy...oh.. Billy, we understand how you feel. We've been in this business since ...a damn long time..but in your case, we are going to recommend a 3500 strip, with a trico closure. You'll be done in no time and be a lot a happier sooner with the solid and rapid growth strip affords. Let me check that laxity now'

Eh,,yes, let's see. I think we can even do 3800 Roger'

'Nice one Doc', chips in Roger before adding, Doc, Billy is concerned about the scar.

"Well of course he is. Everyone is but we get some pretty damn fine scars, show Billy, Roger. Billy, trust me, with hair, you won't even think about it" And the money and time you will save...FUE is over rated!! Yield is poor. It suits little jobs, that's all.

Billy looks anguished and asks, 'But if it's good for small, why isn't it good for big? What about all the hairs in that are in resting phase within the strip? How about...Billy in desperation now, throws out a dozen questions. Some of them ridiculous, some valid. In the end, the doc and Rog just have to reassure him by answering the easiest.

An hour later. Doc is back in his room having taken out the strip, checking his mail. Back out to do the recipient sites for another 40 minutes. Done..

Billy has signed the disclaimers and is a drug induced delirium as the cutters are busy.

Later, Billy posts. I wanted FUE, but in the end I chose FUT and I am glad. Guys, FUE is hype!!

End.

The message is simple.

Strip (call it FUT to make it sound better) , is economical for the clinic.

Strip exposes the clinic to less risk

Strip is easier on the doctor's hands, eyes and mind

Strip is simple

Strip puts the onus on the patient to 'recover' properly and buys the clinic 'time'. (The patient of FUE is expecting FAST recovery!)

Strip distributes the technical burden more evenly among the staff of the clinic

Strip is faster for all

Please, don't take this as an endorsement for FUE, just wanted to illustrate the process and mindbending that goes on in my humble opinion.

I have plenty of doubts about all HT including FUE, especially yield and that included the condition of the follicles that regrow

And I am not anti- HT either. Hair is freakin great and everyone is happy to see it grow back.

lol good post