What exactly is DIRECT sunlight?

There is something that has been helping me having a paranoia :(

I've been reading different posts here about the exposure to sun after HT. Though the majority consensus is that one need to avoid DIRECT exposure to sunlight, but what bothers me is some of the examples given by posters may or may not be considered direct sunlight.

Without going through the specifics of what other posters have said regarding it, here is my situation which is building a paranoia in my head:

I'm 4 weeks post HT and I have been staying during whole this time (thanks to a month of vacations from work). During this time I have been staying inside the whole except when I have had to do some gocery shopping, during which time I always wore my bandana (except one time but that was when I went for a walk after 2 hours of the sunset, so I believe that shouldn't be a problem). And during the last month the sun has been out perhaps 3-5% of the time so it's been cloudy almost the whole time.

However, when inside I have been sitting next to the window (having curtain which has been down the whole time) and sometimes (that 3-5% of the time) I could see the sun out but I believe the sun didn't hit my window directly. But I have been worrying that I have made a mistake by sitting next to window. How a catastrophic do you think it could have been for the grafts survival?

Any thoughts, especially by those who did something like this and didn't see any problem with their results?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks Spex for the encouraging response. Really appreciate it, mate!

One thing I still wonder, that how do other guys who get HT, protect themselves from sun when indoors (e.g. at home), especially, those living in South and Southeast (For instance, the sunshine state Florida etc.)?

why would you need to protect yourself from the sun when you are indoors?

As far as I'm aware, the goal is to avoid getting sunburn. This isn't going to happen indoors, and most of the time won't happen outdoors either.

why would you need to protect yourself from the sun when you are indoors?

As far as I'm aware, the goal is to avoid getting sunburn. This isn't going to happen indoors, and most of the time won't happen outdoors either.

blkblk

Good question. And its just a paranoia, that I'm having I'm sure.

However, I'm still interested in HT gurus responses of how they coped with sunlight coming indoors (or if they didn't anything about it at all)?

There is nothing to worry about. Seriously. You're over thinking this. No one has done anything to deal with sunlight coming through windows because no one has a need to worry about it.

The "gurus" have spoken:) Case closed.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians