Black Or Dark Brown Toppik and Couvre

I am booked in for a HT on 16th Jan and want to pre buy some concealer to test. I am looking at Couvre for the donor scar area and toppik for the shaved down area at the front. The trouble is that I am not sure what colour to get.

I have very very very dark brown hair. So dark, if you asked 10 of my friends what colour hair I have I am pretty sure at least 9 of them would say black. Basically it pretty much looks black. However my girlfriend is Asian with Jet black hair and there is definitely a tiny difference between mine and her hair.

Basically the dark brown will be a touch lighter than my hair and the black will be a touch darker than my hair. Would you say it's better to go slightly darker or lighter in each product?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. That is y hair in my avatar although it ain't the greatest pic.

I would definately go for dark brown for the donor scar as the concealers main job is for your scar to be concealed and therefore more to "blend in" just as much with your scalp as with your hair. Your scar will be dark brownish from the blood in the beginning so dark brown will work well while black could look like a black tie around your head.

I would suggest one shade lighter than your hair on the donor scar and the same shade as your hair in the recepient area if you want anything to combine with the toppik there.

That worked very well for me.

I'd get both.

I have medium brown hair and own light, medium and dark brown varieties of Toppik. Why? Because after spending nearly 14K on some new hair, I didn't see that spending an extra $40 on Toppik would be out of the question and it allowed me to experiment and see what suits me best.