Itchy and Scratchy

At first I thought this was a thread about the Simpsons! icon_smile.gif

Well obviously you understand that it isn't a good idea. My understanding is that the grafts should be reasonably well anchored by the 2 week mark. Still if there is even a slight risk the fingernails could dig grafts out why take the risk?

Have you tried moisturising using aloe vera or something similar? A lot of people report this helps.

Why not check with your doc too?

miked,

Aloe is a Godsend for the recipient area, but sometimes can make the donor area itch.

In my opinion, there is never a safe time to "scratch in a meaningful way". That's because this statement usually means "ripping the crap out of your scalp with your fingernails". Even though you won't harm the grafts, you can damage your scalp this way.

Plus, scratching is a temporary solution and exacerbates the itch.

Apply Aloe and when it itches again, apply more :-).

Bill

by the way Bill that's exactly what i meant because sometimes well that's exactly what I feel like doing :-)

I know how you feel my friend. I'm 25 days post op and still have staples in my head. Talk about itch central. The recipient area gets itchy every now and then, but only bothers me when I touch my scalp too much (it's hard not to touch my hair as it's growing back). But the tickle causes it to itch, and then if I use my fingertips to scratch, the itch gets worse. And believe me, I'd like to rip into my scalp sometimes, but know it's a bad idea.

Resist the urge my friend :-). Aloe Vera is my recipient area's best friend and Nioxin Scalp Therapy Conditioner is my donor area's savior :-)

Bill

thanks and by the way I am sure the community is anxious to see more recent pictures of your progress.

I am in the doldrums right now as I approach two months so I will wait until i hit that milestone before updating my blog again.

every now and then a nerve fires somewhere on my scalp reminding me of the initial injections. Do you ever get that also? not horrendous pain but I would have thought that would be all but gone after nearly two months post HT.