Should my dad start Rogaine?

MyNameIsRich

Since I'm the "hair loss expert" in his words, he's asked me what my advice is.. He's looking at a HT but I'm doubtful that he'd commit, honestly.

I'm asking specifically because a. He's 51 YO, and b. he does/has suffered with high blood pressure levels before, through stress.

I've read that minox helps create low blood pressure levels but I just wanted to run it by you guys before I give him the thumbs up

Thanks and merry christmas!

Get him to consult with one of the old timers. He could request Loniten for his BP, which is oral minoxidil and works way better for me than topical stuff. Also, Finasteride goes a lot farther in stopping/reversing hair loss than Minoxidil. What is his pattern on the Norwood Scale?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Get him to consult with one of the old timers. He could request Loniten for his BP, which is oral minoxidil and works way better for me than topical stuff. Also, Finasteride goes a lot farther in stopping/reversing hair loss than Minoxidil. What is his pattern on the Norwood Scale?

I'm really not sure, My dads balding progression was not conventional and it stabalized a good 5+ years ago... it looks no different to how it looked in his 40s, just grey now.

If I had to guess I'd say NW4? but i dont know because he still has hairs throughout. I'll have to get him to take some photos for you all, as hes in another continent :P