Two questions: one regarding rogaine foam/one regarding propecia

ChristopherJ

Hi there,

1. I've just ordered rogaine foam. I've read conflicting reports on whether taking it once per day rather than the recommended two times a day decreases the affectiveness of it.

Apparently is has a half life of 22 hours so taking it once a day should work just as well.

Tell me where I'm wrong...

2. I took propecia for over a year and started getting weaker erections/difficulty maintaining erections. If I were to cut my dosage in half, and/or take it once every two days, do you think that would decrease the chance of side effects? Anyone have any experience with this happening?

I have heard that using Rogaine once per day may work, but I use it twice per day. I would definitely try a lower dose of Fin. Many people take .5mg per day due to side effects at a full dose and it usually solves the problem with side effects. Also some people take the full dose every other day or 3 times per week for the same reason. So I would try it. I believe most HT doctors would agree with this approach.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I use the foam 2X a day. Also I would certainly reduce my amount of finasteride, at least for a while..the sides will probably subside and you will eventually be able to go back up to the original dosage..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website