Minox 5% (Regaine) and oil?

bd88

Hi all, I apply regaine to my temples every night (For a month) , however i wanted to know if it was possible to also apply olive oil (or some sort of oil) to my scalp before bed also (maybe a couple of times a week)?

If so how long after applying the regaine can i apply the oil to my hair? This is just to reduce dandruff and and cool down my scalp.

Does anyone also do this and have had any problems with doing so?

Lastly(Sorry!), does stopping regaine after just a months use cause much shedding? im finding it quite irritating on my scalp.and am thinking of dropping it..

Any thoughts much appreciated,

Thanks

I would ask your docotr about the olive oil.

Be very careful if you stop the topical minoxidil treatments. DO NOT just stop cold turkey. Wean yourself off of it by reducing the frequency.

Stopping cold blue can potentially induce a shed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

wow induce a shed? I have only been using it once at night for a month :S could i start by dropping it to every other day?

Sorry, I did not see that you just started it one month ago (once daily). You should not be as impacted by stopping but I would still recommend that you pull off of it by yes every other day for a week, then every third day the following week, and then cease using it.

Guys who apply 5% twice per day are far more susceptible to a shed when stopping it IMHO.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY