My experience of returning to work three weeks post-HT

Over the many months when I was lurking anonymously around this forum, the issue for which I searched most often was this: when could I safely return to work without the HT looking obvious? It is clear from the thread discussions that this issue concerns many others too. My predominant concern was the visibility of the donor/scar area rather than the recipient area.

I have posted to my blog today (see the link underneath my signature) updated pictures of me, both without concealers (at 20 days post-op) and with concealers (at 21 days post-op). The truth is that I did get away with it: no comments; not even any "eye drift". I was being hyper-vigilant so I am confident that I would have noticed any adverse glimpses in my direction.

I am not saying that the HT is already unnoticeable. I can still see the outline of the donor area in the pictures. But, in my opinion, that is mostly because I know it is there. If I did not know it was there, and was not otherwise looking for it, I think that I wouldn't notice it.

That said, if this is an issue that has worried you, the pictures are there to help you make up your own mind. I'm not looking for comments one way or another - I just hope that the pictures fill in another piece of the puzzle for those still researching. But, on my evidence (and I appreciate that everyone heals differently) a return to work in three weeks is certainly viable.

Kind regards

Acrobaz

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Over the many months when I was lurking anonymously around this forum, the issue for which I searched most often was this: when could I safely return to work without the HT looking obvious? It is clear from the thread discussions that this issue concerns many others too. My predominant concern was the visibility of the donor/scar area rather than the recipient area.

I have posted to my blog today (see the link underneath my signature) updated pictures of me, both without concealers (at 20 days post-op) and with concealers (at 21 days post-op). The truth is that I did get away with it: no comments; not even any "eye drift". I was being hyper-vigilant so I am confident that I would have noticed any adverse glimpses in my direction.

I am not saying that the HT is already unnoticeable. I can still see the outline of the donor area in the pictures. But, in my opinion, that is mostly because I know it is there. If I did not know it was there, and was not otherwise looking for it, I think that I wouldn't notice it.

That said, if this is an issue that has worried you, the pictures are there to help you make up your own mind. I'm not looking for comments one way or another - I just hope that the pictures fill in another piece of the puzzle for those still researching. But, on my evidence (and I appreciate that everyone heals differently) a return to work in three weeks is certainly viable.

Kind regards

Acrobaz

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Congrat for your HT with dr. Feller. Good luck with the growing. If you don't get notice with such a short hair, imagine for those who don't have the shave their hair, they can go back to work much earlier. You healed pretty well though, no more redness at the recipient site.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Good post, it is hidden pretty well. I have some nanogen, may shave my head after all if I can get away with it too. I also have some dermatch.... I may play with both and report back here to see which is best.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts