Hair Transplant With Dr Radha Rani on 16th Nov 2011

hair4ever

Hello All,

I have been loosing hair since i was 17.

Now i am 23 year old and suffering from diffuse hair loss.

i havnt taken any medication since then and i decided to underwent surgery.

I got my surgery done with Dr Radha Rani at Vizag, India.

Initially her plan was to give me around 3000 FUG but unfortunately and due to less yield at donor area, she grafted 2300 units and these are placed over the frontal region creating a new hairline plus small coverage over temples.

I received 2300 FUG with following details-

1 hair - 920

2 hair - 1352

3 hair - 28

So total no of hair i got was 3708,

She has given me medication of Finepecia (finasteride 1mg) and

Tugain foam (which has minoxidil 5%) for 6 months course.

Hereby i am attaching before and after photos.Please have a look over my pics and post your valuable comments, i am waiting for them.

5b32d04f436da_madhurpre-opfront_top.jpg.1be025be09539a5965df5d0f9be552de.jpg

5b32d04f52591_madhurpre-opfront.jpg.158ad11a08ec7fd4cc473b678dd6ef5a.jpg

5b32d04f67054_madhurpre-opleft.jpg.9cb46378fa5aa07c07dbfd9ee3d1bc4f.jpg

5b32d04f764cc_madhurpre-opright.jpg.5eadfb0c6a26d50439d4b1586a5cab5c.jpg

5b32d04f91d67_madhurpostop-front.jpg.c22d8b45cbc70b5506834933fef15f9f.jpg

5b32d04fa7228_madhurpostop-left.jpg.5e117476679dfc9deba1032ab700e391.jpg

5b32d04fb3ac7_madhurpostop-right.jpg.d6c9d5dde43580cacae6aa0a2cd50828.jpg

5b32d04fc171a_madhurpostop-sutures.jpg.d42bcbb9b25bb448b9c075e6d737435d.jpg

Hi,

I missed your post regarding your recent HT with Doctor Radha Rani. I hope it went well and you are recovering well.

I have just paid my deposit for the HT but I am yet to book my flight at this stage.

I hope you get the result that you deserve.

Regards

Rod

Guest mariewoltz25411697

You have to realize that you are only 23 and your hair loss is going to progress with age. If you can tolerate the Finasteride medication you must continue to use it. You still have a lot of hair that is not lost yet. You don't want to loose that. But if you can't tolerate the medication, like me, you have to accept your fate.

Regarding your transplantation, as you can see, she covered only the frontal hair line. This is going to give you a great hair line. The mid scalp and crown are not touched. I am not sure why she concentrated on a such small area. If you loose hair from other parts, you will be left with only the frontal hair. That may take time, may be another 2-3yeras and you will have to have few more procedures to cover them.

Have photo records of your monthly progression. Possibly create a webpage for your self and keep updating the results. Good luck....

Edited by mariewoltz25411697

(promotional link removed) this is her website and you can check it out mate.

She charges Rs 35/graft which is quite reasonable according to the class

of work she does.

Well done on going ahead and good luck with the HT hair4ever.

Could I ask how long you spent with Dr Rani discussing your transplant before you actually had the procedure?

Also, that rate of Rs 35 is quite inexpensive, so good for you.

Do you know is that her standard rate, and were there any extras with it,

such as medication, absorbable sutures, or arranged pick-ups or accomodation etc?

I look forward to see how you do if you set up a hair blog.

Hi,

My understanding is that the rate is $1US per graft for international customers. She provides a good level of customer service for international customers which includes organising your travel, acommodation and travel to and from the airport.

Her price is very inexpensive compared to other doctors. What we need are more forum posts showing a 12 month post operative result.

Regards

Rod

You have chosen a great doc I'm sure you will be trilled with your result. Don't worry about that just try to focus on something else as much as you can. Her prices are really amazing especially when you consider the high standards that she keeps an the fact that she only does 1 surgery a day. I often think of Radha and I'm actually planning on visiting her again in 2013. I have also gotten a HT performed by her and my results are really kicking in. Im so confident that i will get a great result and you should be the same.I will be monitoring your progress.Happy growing :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Hi,

I missed your post regarding your recent HT with Doctor Radha Rani. I hope it went well and you are recovering well.

I have just paid my deposit for the HT but I am yet to book my flight at this stage.

I hope you get the result that you deserve.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod.

Im really looking forward to see your result. Please give Radha my sincere greetings when you meet her. Tell her that i will hopefully see her soon. I know that she will take good care of you. Looking forward to see you "on the other side" :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

Hi Carel25,

Thank you for being the first international HTN member to undergo a HT with Doctor Radha Rani and provide confidence for the rest of us to undergo a procedure with her.

I'm hoping to get 2500 grafts from the donor area and transplant 800 grafts into the crown and the rest in the front third to give me a denser look but it all depends on my scalp laxity.

I'm in the process of finalising my travel plans to Chennai at the moment and her clinic is going to organise the rest of my travel within India.

Regards

Rod

Hello All,

Initially her plan was to give me around 3000 FUG but unfortunately and due to less yield at donor area, she grafted 2300 units and these are placed over the frontal region creating a new hairline plus small coverage over temples.

1 hair - 920

2 hair - 1352

3 hair - 28

Hereby i am attaching before and after photos.Please have a look over my pics and post your valuable comments, i am waiting for them.

Hi,

I new to this forum... so Not sure If I'm missing something here, but could you pls provide a link to your photos you said you had provided ??

Thanks,

Yesdee78

Hello All,

1 hair - 920

2 hair - 1352

3 hair - 28

Hi,

I new to this forum... so Not sure If I'm missing something here, but could you pls provide a link to your photos you said you had provided ??

Also what made you go to Vizag and get it done. Did you get any recommendations to the place or the Dr ??

Thanks,

Yesdee78

Hi,

My understanding is that the rate is $1US per graft for international customers. She provides a good level of customer service for international customers which includes organising your travel, acommodation and travel to and from the airport.

Her price is very inexpensive compared to other doctors. What we need are more forum posts showing a 12 month post operative result.

Regards

Rod

Yes, we need to see more before and afters. On the website there is only one HT after which I liked.

Hi,

Yes there is only 1 web blog from one of her customers on this website. I think he has undergone a second HT with her earlier this year.

If you want to have a doctor screened by this website you should consider Doctor Madhu. I'm sure there are other good doctors in India but the forum owner does the hard work and pre-screens a HT surgeon prior to recommending them.

Btw I'm in the process of organising my visa to INDIA. The online system is a little misleading but I will apply for the visa this week.

Regards

Rod

Hi,

Regards

Rod

As someone who is considering a hair transplant from Dr Rani, I find what you have to say interesting.

Do you mind if I ask if the organisational aspect of the customer service, and anything else, was included in the HT price, or was it extra?

I ask because I have travelled in India extensively before and feel capable of getting myself from A to B and finding decent accomdation, and would be content to do that myself if there is a service charge.

Also, I looked at the results of your last HT and was very impressed. Your hair looks great! And good luck with the next one - from what we are reading on here, you will be in very capable and caring hands.

That said, was there any particular reason for you choosing Dr Rani over the officially recommended Dr Madhu?

Hi Carel25,

Thank you for being the first international HTN member to undergo a HT with Doctor Radha Rani and provide confidence for the rest of us to undergo a procedure with her.

I'm hoping to get 2500 grafts from the donor area and transplant 800 grafts into the crown and the rest in the front third to give me a denser look but it all depends on my scalp laxity.

I'm in the process of finalising my travel plans to Chennai at the moment and her clinic is going to organise the rest of my travel within India.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod. Im glad that i can help others in their pursuit of getting their hair back. 2500 grafts will really give you a great look. Im looking forward to track your progress and i wih you all the best.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Emu oil.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont mean to sound negative, but how come she took the strip from a higher position on the back of the head?

From what i know, the crowns recede at all directions and the area she took the strip out from can be prone to hairloss/thinning.