Hello Gang,

Just joined. id like to get advice....i dont want to loose my hair, i did better than my dad so far, he started losing his in his twenties, i am 42 now.....

how should i start ....do i post photos ...im sure everybody want to know where is the best place and doctor to do a restoration? thats what i would like to know....and the cost off course?....i think its restoration that i am interested in. my hair is thick and healthy at the sides and back but thinning fast on top...

oh ive just seen the uploader so i will take a snap and upload...

yep basically need to know where to start...thank you in advance for any suggestions....

kevin

5b32d0480997e_Photo5.jpg.a845d0e13cb6e66d1bdca1c955f457d5.jpg

Welcome. From the photo you put up I'm not sure you should consider transplantation at this stage. It seems that you have thinning through the middle of your head being a norwood 4A possibly a future 5A, but I believe you would experience a lot of shocking from a procedure. I would recommend starting on medication such as finasteride and minoxidil which can help regrow dormant/miniaturized hairs and stop any further hair loss. Do that consistently for one year and then reevaluate your status, before considering surgery.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians