How much hair?

I have just found this site after I contacted a couple places for advice. One place = the office that directed me to here = wanted to know how thick my hair is. Any advize on how to tell them what I have? Sounds stupid but wanted to see what others say or write. I have been thinking about this for while so kind of nervous writing my thoughts to doctors so this is a good way to ask questins.

sorry if this is a dumb question.

Mustard,

If I understand you correctly, you're asking us to evaluate whether or not your hair caliber is thick, thin, or in between? An in person evaluation by a qualified physician is the best way to determine whether or not you have thick or thin hair. Some may even measure the diameter of your hair. Typically fine hair has a diameter of about 40 microns while coarse hair has a diameter of about 80 microns. As you can imagine therefore, thicker hair is typically better for hair transplant surgery.

Though we couldn't measure the diameter of your hair in microns from photos, if you post clear high resolution photos of your hair, we may be able to offer an opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill