Dr Farjo fut

bomberman

Hi guys, i've been thinking seriously about getting a HT for a long time now, after much research I've decided either Dr Feller in NY or Dr Farjo in Manchester (i live in england)

I'm not balding but I have a far back hairline above each temple that has always furstrated me and has cost me my confidence

I'm only 25 but my hairline has been the same since i was a kid and there is no hairloss in either side of my families, my dad has the same far back hairline and it has not changed at all, he is now 51

I originally thought about fue but am thinking maybe fut because it seems to be more effective. Do I sound like a good candidate or will I get turned away? I am thinking of gettting a consultation with farjo in january with a hope to getting the HT at the beginning of summer 2012

Please have a look at the attachment, i know it might not seem bad to most people on here but it bothers and seriously affects my confidence

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers

WP_000212.jpg.8e607442fccd44445cafbb72b7c0390b.jpg

Hi bud

My names richie and I'm also from the UK , I had an in person consult with Farjo in Feb 2007 ,nice guys but I felt we where on different pages , I also had online consults with Rahal , Hasson and Wong and even Armarni ! I met spex in the uk and eventually chose to go with Dr Feller and travel to the US .

I ended up having 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in November 2007 , I have just posted my up to date results in the experience section , please take a look , I'm going back to Dr Feller in Jan 2012 to have the front tweaked .

Throughout my research and experiences I have found the best hair transplant surgeons with consistently good results are found in North America and Canada .

Don't rush and don't let geography sway your desision , make an informed choice first time .

Good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hello there Bomberman.

Have you got any more pictures? Looks like you have similar hairloss to me and similar age.

I live in Gloucestershire,England and i recently travelled to New York to have my hair repaired by Dr Feller ( via FUT) just over 4 weeks ago, having had two poor transplants in the Uk(FUE and FUT).

Dr Feller is an excellent surgeon( highly recommended on this forum as well as others) and you are in very good hands with him.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi bud

My names richie and I'm also from the UK , I had an in person consult with Farjo in Feb 2007 ,nice guys but I felt we where on different pages , I also had online consults with Rahal , Hasson and Wong and even Armarni ! I met spex in the uk and eventually chose to go with Dr Feller and travel to the US .

I ended up having 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in November 2007 , I have just posted my up to date results in the experience section , please take a look , I'm going back to Dr Feller in Jan 2012 to have the front tweaked .

Throughout my research and experiences I have found the best hair transplant surgeons with consistently good results are found in North America and Canada .

Don't rush and don't let geography sway your desision , make an informed choice first time .

Good luck

richie

Hey,

I am starting to think Feller might be the best option, might be meeting up with spex soon, do you have any before and after pictures by any chance? How much did the surgery cost with flights and everything?

cheers

Hello there Bomberman.

Have you got any more pictures? Looks like you have similar hairloss to me and similar age.

I live in Gloucestershire,England and i recently travelled to New York to have my hair repaired by Dr Feller ( via FUT) just over 4 weeks ago, having had two poor transplants in the Uk(FUE and FUT).

Dr Feller is an excellent surgeon( highly recommended on this forum as well as others) and you are in very good hands with him.

Hi chrisdav,

It will be good to see how your hair looks in a few months, did you meet up with spex before you went out there?

Also, i am not actually balding but just have a far back hairline, would you still have had the procedure if your hair was not receding any further?

Well it will take longer than a few months for the final result to be evident.

I met up with Spex in London but i didn't have surgery until roughly 4 months after as i was still researching and looking at various clinics.

I had planned to have another procedure to repair my scar and bad work from previous surgeries in the UK.

Be nice to see a clearer picture.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

So you just want your hairline brought forward?

i want the bits above the temples filled in really, they have just always ruined my confidence and it would make such a big difference to me

from what ive seen of feller i am hopeful of a good result but am pretty scared about flying out to new york to be honest! also money is pretty tight at the moment and im worried about hiding the procedure from my family

other than that i hope it happens!

It would only be beneficial to meet Spex in person as even though he represents Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey, his gives honest, unbiased advice,knowledge is very broad, and you will definitely feel rejuvenated to an extent just after a meet with him as his enthusiasm will rub off on you,making you feel more positive and this will set you in the right direction.

Initially, i was a little apprehensive flying to New York as i am not keen on flying long distances but 6-8 hours is not that far, and you will have enough entertainment on the flight to keep you occupied.

Do you want to hide it from your family because they disapprove?

Edited by chrisdav

I saw this post yesterday and personally i think that Bomberman's hair looks great and surgery should not be on the agenda.

This though does not solve or help to improve his anxiety and really should we be addressing this post in a different way. Should we be educating younger patients about the perils of undertaking the surgical route at too early a stage.

It is not a matter if it is Farjo,Feller,Feriduni,Shapiro etc The real question is addressing all the pitfalls and pointing out the true implications of going down this route.

We saw a case yesterday of a 24 year old male who someone had treated with minor loss to the crown when he was 22.Guess what...he has lost more hair.No discussions had been given by said clinic about medications and now he is in a rather tricky position.The worst thing of all though is that he is likely to end up as a norwood 6 0r more.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Bomberman I have posted my up to date ht pics here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163760-dr-feller-uk-patient-richie48-2100-crown-grafts-2007-2011-brand-new-update.html

I also think Mick has a fair point at 25 years of age hts are risky due to future loss , even looking into family history is sketchy , I understand it's the best way we have , at the moment , to tell of future loss , but its not always accurate .

You could have a few choices , see where you are in another 5 years , if you've had any loss or not , then decide from there .

You could maybe look at a small FUE proceedure into the temples , this may help your confidence and anxiety , at least this way you get what you want but with mininal risk of a linear scar if you chose to shave down or change hair style .

A guy called jazzy wanted to do something simimlar to this but was after 3000 grafts , this would serously deminish hit finite hair follical supply , but with a small proceedure it could be attempted .

You could chose to do nothing and learn to live with it , hts are a long road and require careful concideration and research before any decision is made .

You have alot of research to do bud , good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I think his hair looks fine Mick as well and if I was a surgeon, I wouldn't advise surgery either like yourself.

However, all of the surgeons do not have the same opinion as one another.

For example,Bernstein,Shaprio,yourselfs and others have a different philosophy, being a little more cautious/conservative for future loss, which I believe is evident in the work that is shown on the forums.

I understand this as hair loss is progressive and no one can

predict exactly what will happen in five, ten even 30 years down the line.

However, other top surgeons take a different approach and some will lower hairlines on younger men if hairloss is minimal, which has been demonstated by results posted on this forum.

If someone believes that this is affecting the mental well being, happiness and their daily routines, sooner or later they will find someone who is prepared to operate and perform surgery to eliminate this, which they may or may not regret.

I am sure as surgeons, they can gage if a young guy is experiencing psychological problems in a consultation but he is a 25 year old man and can make his own decisions in life.

Educating and research is most important i think as we don't want this young man to get sucked in by e.g Armani, lose a fortune and scar him mentally and financially for life, as there are definitely more cowboys then experts in this industry.

Edited by chrisdav

Hi guys, thanks for your posts so far

I think I should clarify a few things, there is no history of hairloss in either side of my family, my dad has the exact same far back hairline that i have and he is now in his 50s and it has not receded, my hairline has been the same since around 16 i believe

From 16 - 24 I was very stressed all the time and ate poorly, i did not understand the detrimental effects of stress and it pushed me into depression and i do have some anxiety issues that are certainly exacerbated by my hairline.

I had surgery last year for mild gynecomastia which you can see here if you are interested Booked with Karadis for August PICS ADDED

You might notice that my case of gynecomastia was pretty mild compared to most but it still seriously affected my life, since the surgery I am much happier with my body and it is no longer a struggle to find thick t shirts and wearing lots of layers and having a poor posture from hunching over to hide my chest, and i'm hoping that the same results will occur if i choose the route of a HT (though i understand it is very different procedure)

With regard to further loss, I have actually seen regrowth in the past year since i got my stress under control, starting exercising, eating right and doing some meditation, at the temples there are small white hairs that have sprung up but dont seem to be growing back to full length, though some have

I genuinely believe that i will not experience any hairloss in the way that people are suggesting might happen, my far back hairline is not a result of MPB

I am however concerned about shock loss as a result of the HT, though i believe that is unlikely as i am not experiencing MPB?

With this in mind would you still advice against a HT?

Also would anyone suggest simply a small amount of fue instead of fut? And does farjo now perform fue?

Money certainly is an issue for me, though i understand that getting decent work is very very important, people have spoken a lot about uk surgeons being poor but for such a small amount of work would it really be that much of a risk? rooney went with farjo and he could have gone anywhere in the world!

thanks for any responses