Hair Transplants + Systems? Anybody???

jackisback1

I'm 25 and my receding hairline has shifted to something a lot more noticeable. I definitely notice a lot fewer glances from attractive women, and part of how I know that is that I see the glances when I'm hanging out with other (I guess you could say now more attractive?) guys.

I'm tired of this bullshit. I want to get a piece, however, I've heard that a piece may not be a good solution until my recession is more severe. Anybody every achieve a good result by building up a nice thick, dense hairline, and then 5 years later when you need to just grab a piece and cover up the crown of your head? Since the most noticeable spot is the front of the head, I would think this would be a trick commonly flaunted, but I never hear about it.

(Take for example, John Travolta. Most people have seen the pics where they zoom in on the lace at his hairline, but I'd imagine if he had real hair growing out at the front there, nobody could ever detect if he had a piece on in the back.)

Can anybody here honestly say they'd rather have their own hairline/style than this guy's?

(I'm not saying this dude had an HT in the front, just saying that most people would be able to achieve an acceptable density in the front if they were willing to use a piece in the back.

• 1 month later...

how long do you wear your hair?

I ask because there are so many ways of concealing hair loss, be it through products, hair styles, a Hair transplant...

I guess a system could be used on a receding hairline, but if you wear your hair short, you may want to consider getting a hairline tattoo.

I don't know how many supporters this method has on these forums, but it has been something I've always considered, even if its only as an 'in-between' option to let myself age a bit more, and lose some more hair/gain more stability in my hairloss.

Edited by MyNameIsRich

you may want to consider getting a hairline tattoo.

how does that work when you get older & go grey or slightly grey?

isn't the tattoo a dark color that cant be changed?

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 3 months later...

I just posted about this. Yes it can be done. I know of several guys who had transplants in the front but not on the crown and wear a hair piece only on the crown. They say it works well. I've not seen it in person but this is exactly what I plan to do by September. If you find any information on this please share it with me. I'm interested in the tricks to blend and style it so it looks natural. Thanks

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts