Experience on hair re-rowth Medicines

merapas

Hello All,

I udergone HT before 12 days. I have been directed by Doctor to take Finpecia 1mg and Tugain Solution 5%. I would like to know your personnel opinion and experience on these medicines.

I am bit worried about the side effects.And also would like to know how to identify the negative impacts on these medicines.

Regards,

Merapas

Edited by merapas
Content left

Hi Merapas,

Congrats on your recent HT.

Finpecia basically contains Finasteride that is known to inhibit type II 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

The studies reported only a small percentage of them experienced side effects and the side effects went away after discontinuing. So it is better to give it a try and see. May be you can even start with a small dosage of 0.5 mg initially and gradually increase the dosage to 1mg.

rvenkat

Note : All opinions are my own and my advice should not be considered as medical advice.

Edited by rvenkat
NA

Merapas.

What did you go for fut or fue and how many grafts did you have done?

I am taking Finasteride 5mg and i cut them into 4's = 1.25mg daily. Its working, did have side affects at the start but after 4 weeks they wore off. I would give it a shot if i was you but you will only see results say 6 months onwards.

Did FUT with 2630 grafts.

Thanks. Let me try that.

Merapas.

What did you go for fut or fue and how many grafts did you have done?

I am taking Finasteride 5mg and i cut them into 4's = 1.25mg daily. Its working, did have side affects at the start but after 4 weeks they wore off. I would give it a shot if i was you but you will only see results say 6 months onwards.

I've been on Finasteride for 6 months and have not experienced any side effects. In fact, I think my sex drive as actually increased. I've also been on Rogaine Foam for about 14 months. I've regrown some hair in my hairline and added some density all over. I've been happy with the results. My crown has gotten a little bit thinner but I believe would be a lot worse if it weren't for the meds.