HT 3387 grafts by Dr Bisanga

exchange

Finally I have had my HT last month with Dr Bisanga. Initially I was interested in FUE but later on doctor's advise I agreed on FUT/Strip.

I am really thankful to this site which helped me to choose a good doctor. I shortlisted couple of doctors initially and later decided to go ahead with Dr. Bisanga (BHR clinic).

I am 26 year old. The total transplanted follicular unit count was 3387 (1 hair: 580, 2 hair: 1458, 3 hair: 770, 4 hair: 579). My experience with BHR was quite ok , even I will say it was good. The staff was no doubt very friendly.

On the day, the procedure started early in the morning and I was given local anaesthesia, which was little bit painful. Later, the doctor took out the strip and made the punches. After lunch, technician started placing the grafts and the procedure completed in late night. During the procedure I felt absence of the doctor but might be I was under anaesthesia and not able to know that even though he was not continuously present there but was monitoring. The procedure was little bit tiring and at the end I was getting out of patience. The procedure was little bit painful (but that was expected), but the doctor ensured that the pain is avoidable as much a possible.

I can still feel numbness in my donor area. I think my donor area will take some more time to heal completely. Donor area need more care in strip procedure compared to FUE. I had faced problem while sleeping because I had to sleep on my sutures (no other option) icon_frown.gif. But, I feel tough time is gone and its time to wait and watch.

I am not sure about the shock loss but since my HT I can see lot of hair fall even in donor area but hopefully it is for short duration. I have started rogain and fanst few days back.

Many Many thanks to you all especially Bill,Pat, thanatopsis_awry, Arrie, etc.

I will post the photos very soon and will keep updating you.

Finally I have had my HT last month with Dr Bisanga. Initially I was interested in FUE but later on doctor's advise I agreed on FUT/Strip.

I am really thankful to this site which helped me to choose a good doctor. I shortlisted couple of doctors initially and later decided to go ahead with Dr. Bisanga (BHR clinic).

I am 26 year old. The total transplanted follicular unit count was 3387 (1 hair: 580, 2 hair: 1458, 3 hair: 770, 4 hair: 579). My experience with BHR was quite ok , even I will say it was good. The staff was no doubt very friendly.

On the day, the procedure started early in the morning and I was given local anaesthesia, which was little bit painful. Later, the doctor took out the strip and made the punches. After lunch, technician started placing the grafts and the procedure completed in late night. During the procedure I felt absence of the doctor but might be I was under anaesthesia and not able to know that even though he was not continuously present there but was monitoring. The procedure was little bit tiring and at the end I was getting out of patience. The procedure was little bit painful (but that was expected), but the doctor ensured that the pain is avoidable as much a possible.

I can still feel numbness in my donor area. I think my donor area will take some more time to heal completely. Donor area need more care in strip procedure compared to FUE. I had faced problem while sleeping because I had to sleep on my sutures (no other option) icon_frown.gif. But, I feel tough time is gone and its time to wait and watch.

I am not sure about the shock loss but since my HT I can see lot of hair fall even in donor area but hopefully it is for short duration. I have started rogain and fanst few days back.

Many Many thanks to you all especially Bill,Pat, thanatopsis_awry, Arrie, etc.

I will post the photos very soon and will keep updating you.

Did you get around to posting any pictures? I do not see any. My head was numb in various places for around 2-3 months but that numbness did go away. I have read that during the surgery many nerves are cut and it takes some time for them to grow back to normal. The first 2-3 months are the tough ones. After that it should get better and better. I wish you the best of luck with your HT. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Jay_UK:

Hey congratulations mate. How come the actual procedure was a bit painful though?? which parts? I assumed that there is no pain after you receive anaesthesia?

Jay,

The little pain was during the anaesthesia and it was because the number of injections to the donor area. But overall the procedure was not painful.

Originally posted by wantego:

Did you get around to posting any pictures? I do not see any. My head was numb in various places for around 2-3 months but that numbness did go away. I have read that during the surgery many nerves are cut and it takes some time for them to grow back to normal. The first 2-3 months are the tough ones. After that it should get better and better. I wish you the best of luck with your HT. icon_smile.gif

Wantego, you can see my pics in another post under 'Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients- HT 3387 grafts by Dr Bisanga (BHR clinic)'as I was not able to upload anything in the current post.

You can directly go by clicking the below link

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/910103822

exchange,

Thanks for the reply and I hope you didnt take offense to the question. It's just on one of the pictures the grafts look larger in the middle of your head. Im sure its either the lighting or the way you heal. I hear that Dr Bisanga is very good so good luck!