Help and advice for woman 60 +/Belgravia Hair clinic

Hi all

Am posting on behalf of my mum who is in her mid 60's. A few years ago after some pretty major personal upheavals my mum noticed some mild thinning of her hair....I believe there is also some history of mild hair thinning among women in our family age 60 ish aswell.

She went to the Belgravia clinic in London and has recieved some supplements and minoxidl 5% as treatment. This was a few years ago and she seems very happy with the results. She pays the clinic ?700 a year for these treatments. I guess my main queston is, can she get the same benefits by buying treatments on line??

From what I can tell the nutrients are mainly vitamins that are in most multi vitamins, saw palmetto and biotin.

I am using both biotin and MSM tablets and they have both inproved the conditon of my hair. Would my mum be better off switching to generic multi vitamins, biotin and msm tablets and buying something like Kirkland minoxidil on line at a fraction of the cost.??

I can get Kirkland minoxidil 5% on line extremely cheaply, but it says it is not suitable for women.....she already recieves 5% minoxidil from the Belgravia clinic...anybody know why one is suitable for women and the other not??

My mum's issue is not really hair loss per se but a general thinning. She is happy enough with the results she is getting so far but ?700 a year is pretty hefty chunk of change,.....particularly if she can the same results at a fraction of the cost.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated........

Sickboy,

Commendable that you a posting on behalf of your mam.

My mum is of a similar age and she is thinning a little. She has lived a difficult life.

It's great that she is a member of belgravia and it's working out for her.

But ain't it bloody expensive eh? I used to be a customer and I left as I felt that I was getting by eyeballs ripped out.

What is her regimen then? Interested to hear about the special minix. The 12.5 % minix that I used did nothing. The easiest thing to do is for her to simply ask. I maybe wrong but I'm sure belgravia used to Market it as a unique product. I was never sure but not sure what the story is for the womens version.

Right, to the point. Research her products which will be easy to do on the net and then approach online drug stores. Would be disappointed if we couldn't slash 50- 75 % off what she is shelling out.

Remember, much of what she is paying includes the Belgravia post code in my opinion.

Happy research. Even put the thought into my head to help my little old ma out!

Jessie