My FUT with Dr. Path - 3040 grafts on 21/10/2011

tomhairloss1

Brief about my hair loss

i have been losing hair since I was 19. I used miinoxidil, had laser, took propecia but I never continued and as a result i lost almost all of my hair and im now in category VI. Last year i decided to go for a hair transplant in Bangladesh. One of my relatives, a dermatologist recommended me to get it done in Bangladesh. Cut the long story short, they didnt have any plans whatsoever and finally they claimed that they planted 2000 grafts. some of the photos that i previously posted suggest how bad it was. i was pretty hopeless. Toppik helped me a lot to go to different social gatherings. However, finally i joined this forum and got different recommendations and straight away i picked Dr pathomvanich. The reasons are

his reputation and

It’s a convenient location for me since i live in Sydney.

Here is a little brief given below.

3,018 grafts/ 6,574 hairs

(1hair=331, 2hair=1980, 3hair=383, 3-4hair=324). (Just got a reply from doctor path with the details.)

The doctor could not get any more since its my second transplant. My luxity was good. Just to let you know i had been doing scalp massage for over a month before the surgery as i was suggested by doctor Path.

The day before the surgery

I went to see doctor Path for consultaion. Dr Ovamon came and explained everything. I filled up a form. Dr Path came and checked my hair and the scar from the previous surgery. He spent few minutes with me explaining what can be done and how much area can be covered. He and I agreed that density is my priority and i can always come back for another one if my donar area permits. He had to do a repair job as well.

Day of the Surgery:

I arrived at 9AM. Straight away i was taken to a room for HIV test and later Dr path came with a frame which helped him to draw the hairline. i was impressed to see that. it has laser beams. he drew the lines and explained how he cannot bring the lines more down..i was happy with it. Without any delay i was taken to the surgery room and a strip from the back of my head was taken out. The whole team was so good and caring that they made sure the pain was minimal. Some sleeping pills were provided and i fell asleep a couple of times. Before i knew they transplanted 3000+ grafts. I have created a webpage. Please go to the link below to view the pictures. And Please Please give me some feedback. Thank you.

Hair Restoration Journal -My FUT with Dr. Path - 3040 grafts

NB: If anybody's interested...below is my last thread expressing my dissatisfaction with my first transplant.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161993-my-first-hair-transplant-experience-not-so-pleasant-so-far.html

Edited by tomhairloss1

Hi,

I do remember your case and I really hope your good the result that you deserve. I had a HT with DHT clinic in 2010 and I had a good result. They are very professional. Btw I live in Perth. So many aussies go to DHT clinic.

Regards rod

Hey Rod, thanks for your comment and remembering my case. yeah, it was pretty shocking as you can see from the pictures. yeah you are right he has many aussie patients. What do you think about my transplant? I am taking propecia and using minoxidil. Dr Path suggested me to take minoxidil tablets since i have huge baldness. I know the side effects so im not sure whether to take the risk. i spoke with few doctors and my sister who is a doctor as well. they all said its not worth it to take the risk rather stick to propecia and minoxidil lotion. I can go back for another transplant in a year as long as my donor hair permits.

Hi Tom,

The only photo I can see is on your this page and it looks standard to me. Doctor Kulakarn performed my surgery on me and she is the second doctor at DHT Clinic (I couldn't quite afford to have Doctor Path do the surgery). Did she participate during the surgery? She's a sweetheart.

Anyway, just follow the doctors post operative directions and don't look in the mirror every five minutes like I did :).

Good luck

Rod

No i havent seen doctor Kulakarn. During my surgery doctor Path was available most of the time. The nurses who were involved in putting the grafts are so nice too. I remember one of the nurses was involved in massaging my legs every now and then. I just loved how the whole process went. Now its the waiting period.Considering my luck, i might not get a superb result as it varies from person to person...:P...so I will just wait and see and you are right i will have to stop looking at the mirror all the time. i guess i will stop once i go back to work. now im just bored..lol...BTW, i have uploaded few more pics. If you are interested to have a look. The link is given below.

Hair Restoration Journal -7th day Update

Edited by tomhairloss1

• 9 months later...

barclay12,

You can click here for Dr. Path's Coalition profile which includes all his contact information.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website