Debating on a transplant...advice needed

It'sGoing

Hey guys (and girls)...

I've been a long-time lurker of this site and HairlossHelp.com. I'm 38 and have been losing my hair (mostly in my crown but with some diffuse loss towards the front) since roughly I was 27. I on Fin right now and split the tab in two.

I've been debating whether if one or 2 transplants would be a noticable improvement for my appearance. I've attached a photo from the top that shows the loss in the crown. Pretty big. Also, this is the LONGEST I've grown my hair out in 7 months; I normally keep it buzzed or shaved down to the skin. I got lazy, hence the hirsute look. icon_smile.gif

I've seen Dr. Wolf in Cincinnati about a possible transplant. He was great to talk to: down to earth and pragmatic. My donor area is good, he said. The hair diameter is thin but there's a lot of it in the donor area. My scalp has good elasticity as well, he noted. I haven't really done much else since. My wife doesn't care about the loss at all...she met me when I had the shaved/thug look. But I do get tired of shaving it down; I used to wear my hair long with bangs in my early twenties. Now, most of the top can't grow as long as the sides and back. Hence, I keep it shaved/buzzed.

My dad was a NW6...that could be my fate as well. If I were to do a transplant, I would like to address the crown and the mid-vertex as much as possible. I don't care if I have a high hairline; I just hate having a big bald spot. I'd rather cover the crown and mid-vertex and have a high widows peak...that's cool with me.

I like Dr. Wong's results with crowns (Dr. Wolf was complimentary of him and of Dr. Shapiro in Minnesota). I thought Dr. Wolf was good; no pressure at all and he showed me lots of photos of clients. Also, roughly how much would I be looking at as far as two transplants go to get my desired results? $20,000? That's another hurdle I'd have to overcome. I have the cash but I'm kinda stingy, especially in this economy. Any thoughts/help is much appreciated!

crown.jpg.d47789c1c2d43807e47601fbc5eeecd9.jpg

Hey guys (and girls)...

I've been a long-time lurker of this site and HairlossHelp.com. I'm 38 and have been losing my hair (mostly in my crown but with some diffuse loss towards the front) since roughly I was 27. I on Fin right now and split the tab in two.

I've been debating whether if one or 2 transplants would be a noticable improvement for my appearance. I've attached a photo from the top that shows the loss in the crown. Pretty big. Also, this is the LONGEST I've grown my hair out in 7 months; I normally keep it buzzed or shaved down to the skin. I got lazy, hence the hirsute look. icon_smile.gif

I've seen Dr. Wolf in Cincinnati about a possible transplant. He was great to talk to: down to earth and pragmatic. My donor area is good, he said. The hair diameter is thin but there's a lot of it in the donor area. My scalp has good elasticity as well, he noted. I haven't really done much else since. My wife doesn't care about the loss at all...she met me when I had the shaved/thug look. But I do get tired of shaving it down; I used to wear my hair long with bangs in my early twenties. Now, most of the top can't grow as long as the sides and back. Hence, I keep it shaved/buzzed.

My dad was a NW6...that could be my fate as well. If I were to do a transplant, I would like to address the crown and the mid-vertex as much as possible. I don't care if I have a high hairline; I just hate having a big bald spot. I'd rather cover the crown and mid-vertex and have a high widows peak...that's cool with me.

I like Dr. Wong's results with crowns (Dr. Wolf was complimentary of him and of Dr. Shapiro in Minnesota). I thought Dr. Wolf was good; no pressure at all and he showed me lots of photos of clients. Also, roughly how much would I be looking at as far as two transplants go to get my desired results? $20,000? That's another hurdle I'd have to overcome. I have the cash but I'm kinda stingy, especially in this economy. Any thoughts/help is much appreciated!

It'sgoing, I just took one step at a time and never became overwhelmed about the money and this and that and on and on, and I 've gone the whole nine and it will work out for you too. Have you seen some of Dr. Wong's crown work. Geezz do yourself the favor.

• 4 weeks later...

I like Dr Wongs crowns but Ive seen incredible work by Shapiro.

I do like Dr Wolf but dont consider him a top doc. I believe Ron Shapiro did a transplant on Wolf as well as many other doctors . That speaks volumes to me . No need to leave the country for a transplant as the best are right here in US

Originally posted by It'sGoing:

I've been debating whether if one or 2 transplants would be a noticable improvement for my appearance...My scalp has good elasticity as well, he noted...Also, roughly how much would I be looking at as far as two transplants go to get my desired results?

Personally, I would do a ton of scalp exercises (the more laxity the better) & go to H&W. Why increase the: monetary, emotional, & timely investment of a ht by having two, when you can go to a clinic who has the ability to do it in but one?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blo...8/3462/1600/3.19.jpg

I'm sure you've seen this case (and they have plenty more like it) it's just that no other clinic can perform a session of this size in a single procedure.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.