On the fence....

DaveM123

Hi everyone, this is my first post although I have been on the site for years. I am curently battling this difficult decision whether to get a HT or not. I keep going back and forth. I am 37 years old, been shaving my head since I was 30. Everyone is used to my shaved head look now. I am a Norwood 5A. I came close to gettting a HT about 3 years ago and backed out at the last second. I decided to move on with my life, and for some reason or another ended up back here. I guess I am just looking for some before and after experiences, regrets, etc. It's a big decision. If I did get a HT, my reason would be to treat myself, not for any other reason. I would like to look the best I can. The cons are, the scar I have to live with and the people who know me now might think less of me if they realize I got a HT. I did mention the idea to a few close friends and got mixed responses. 2 friends said, "just keep shaving your head, you're fine, it's ok to lose your hair, most do", and 1 said, "hey why not."

Anyway, thats enough from me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by DaveM123

Ultimately this decision is yours and yours alone. If this is something that you really want and you are found to be a good candidate, then go for it. Today's HT's are undetectable and they grow in gradually so it would be very difficult for people to notice it right away, it will seem like you're growing your hair longer rather than shaving. The scar is very difficult to notice unless you shave your head very short, but you can still use a #3 on clippers. If you really don't want the scar you can opt for the FUE route; it's more expensive but does give you the option of shaving. Take your time and do your research and if you decide to go through with it than I think you'll be very happy, and if you feel you don't want it than that is perfectly fine as well.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Im exactlty the same pal,

Im 30 years old and have been shaving my head for the past 3 years and to be fair it looks decent but just wonder what it would be like to get my hair back. so im getting mine done November 2012, around 6000 grafts

all the best with your decision