HT or pigmentation?

Hi,

I am 30 and have been losing hair for about 7 years. I am very receeding on crowns and a little at back.

I am considering a hair transplant and everyone keeps saying to go to belgium or north america and not have one in uk. Please could someone suggest where in Belgium is good, i.e. company and surgeon??

I am concerned about scarring, i certainly dont want strip method. FUE also leaves scars I am led to believe. What other options are there? There is a company (apparenty I am not allowed to name) that promise no scarring and use a different method. Everyone on here slates them though so want to avoid them. Can anybody suggest who does transplants the same way but with better growth results?

Can anyone suggest a programme to stabilise hair loss? some recommend propecia but the side effects present risks i dont want to consider.

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about pigmentation (I believe this is a head tattoo). Perhaps suggest somewhere that i good?......

Thanks for anyone willing to help :)

dongiancana,

Welcome! For a complete list of the hair restoration physicians recommended by the Hair Transplant Network, I recommend viewing our interactive map.

In the UK we recommend Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo.

In Belgium we recommend Dr. Jean Devroye and Dr. Bijan Feriduni.

All of these doctors are members of the elite Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. To view the Coalition membership standards, click here.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

I apologize for not addressing the rest of your question before posting my reply. Let me add the following:

There is currently no such thing as "scarless surgery" period. Any claims that a surgery will leave you with no scars should be met with caution.

The only clinically proven and FDA approved medical hair loss treatments are Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). They are best used in combination. Understand that, for the majority of balding men, choosing not to take finasteride will likely result in continued hair loss. While not a cure, Propecia may dramatically slow the progression of hair loss and even regrow hair. Severe side effects from finasteride are rare and should subside upon discontinuation of the drug. If you are dead set against taking finasteride, you can find some credible, natural alternatives at our Online Hair Loss Treatment Shop. However, I stress again that there is no true substitute for Propecia at this time.

In my opinion, the jury is still out on scalp micropigmentation (SMP). Dr. Rassman has been offering it in his LA clinic for several months and has posted some compelling results but I will reserve judgement until we have some long-term results documented.

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

i am not sure about the hair tatoo i mean if you get that you have to shave like everyday

Not if you have some hair that is strategically planted in the empty parts. If you can get say about 30grft/cm I think tattoo is an excellent idea to supplement it - in theory!! But of course, in theory. Those guys in Minneapolis seem to encourage a hair plus tattoo 3D approach, but on the other hand, the guys at HIsHair clinic in the UK don't. They are only for the skinhead 2D look. I prefer the hair plus tattoo idea, because I'm white and I'm not David Beckham in looks or fame.

But it is a very good point you raise, except that I thought I'd point out you can have hair and tattoo and you don't have to shave.

and it makes NW6 and 7s a new opportunity, an entirely new equation for donor to bald zone ratios

Edited by scar5