Laze

Dr. Carman or Dr. Reed from CALIFORNIA

Anybody have a HT with Dr. Timohty Carman and/or Dr. Reed from California?

I am 3A in shedding- and am wanting to know how satisfied some of the vets are with their work?

It seems that their approach is only to do an average of 2200 graphs- compared to Dr. Wong who does average of 4500 graphs?

Edited by Laze
No comments yet

It seems like Dr. Carman uses the "sagital" incision compared to the lateral slit incision created by Dr. Wong- not sure which method is better?

And if people are pleased with Dr. Reeds and/or Dr. Carmans work years later?

If you're a 3a i can tell you now you likely need more than 2200, 4500 would even be advisable if you have fine hair, typically ht rule of thumb for frontal restoration is 3000 sometimes as little as 2500 but fine hair can easily requite almost double the rule of thumb expectation.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Find a Pre-Screened Physician

• Choose a proven physician
    Chosen by patients

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Newest Topics

• Latest Posts

• I believe medical treatments like fin and minox work best in the crown areas so your experience matches the norm (meaning that such medications are not as effective on the front) The forelock is that area in the middle of the front of your hairline, so if you are a classic NW3 it sounds like your temples have just continued to recede While continuing any medications is always a decision to made by the patient, as long as you don't have any side effects then what is the harm? Especially given the fact your dermatologist has noticed more volume in areas and you've noticed some improvements as well.  If you planning any future surgery it's also strongly recommended by most doctors and clinics to be on fin for at least a year before any surgical date in order to prevent any shockloss to the surrounding native hairs, and also to continue taking it in order to maintain as much native hair as you have for the future. Otherwise you'll just be chasing any future hairloss with more surgeries.    
    • This the main reason I didn’t go with diep .. even though I already deposited the $1000 .. I rather risk losing the deposit than to have subpar results where he won’t fix it .. it’s always the customers fault if ur transplant don’t turn out well . Was the feeling I got when I was speaking the office manager ... hair transplants aren’t guaranteed . But if u don’t have good results , at least attempt to fix it .. who wants to spend $15,000- $20,000 n not get what they paid for.. I mean if ur results were B- quality . It’s still acceptable ,. But this is C- quality, how can u not attempt to fix things ..  they can’t ! Because they booked too far in advance , to fix the mistake they did on u will cost double the money .. the free repair + the $20,000 they would be losing to another potential patient that could be having surgery that day .. it’s just buisiness to the clinic , n another number .. but to us, it’s our savings n A permanent result that lasts forever ..  Good or bad .. clinics need to understand that ..   
    • What a great result, well done, Dr. I always find it interesting how wide 1500 FUE grafts look, compared to 1500 FUT. Not saying it's bad in any way, but FUT cases always make one forget how many grafts are actually being taken 😂
    • Hi everyone, I've been on Finasteride for about 2-3 years. In this time, I've had mixed results. As in, some areas got better, whilst others worsened slightly.  (I am on 0.5mg of fin, and 1.5mg of oral minox). I have a classic NW 3 pattern, and since taking it the peaks have continued to recede, albeit quite slowly - but the entire front (I think it's referred to as the forelock?) has remained intact.  My dermatologist has also noticed the overall volume/fullness of my hair to be better. I've also heard that finasteride is not as effective for the front portion of ones hair - is this true? And if so, should I continue with it whilst having mixed results? My thinking is, even if it isn't super effective on the front, maybe it will help keep the hair around the mid scalp and facilitate a transplant. Welcoming any thoughts
    • Eagerly following this one! If your results even come close to the current results you have with toppik it's going to be awesome Do you know how far the hairline was lowered (ballpark figure?)
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MaximeL