Shedding after HT hmmm?

Hi Guys,

I'm 18 days post HT and every time I press my hands across my head I seem to have 3 or 4 transplanted hairs on my hand is this ok? Also should the hairs that come out have the roots at the end if so does this mean they are damaged transplanted hair? Please help I am worried that I keep touching my head and feeling the hair therefore damaging the transplanted hair

It is normal to see the transplanted hair fall out, in fact they all will fall out within 3 weeks of the surgery date. Your hairs are set and won't be damaged by simply touching your head, you'd have to seriously hit your head to cause any damage and at this point even that wont' necessarily harm them.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Phew thanks for that! I keep touching my head and combing my hand and palm across the top and I don't wish to damge any hair - will all the hair fall out after 4 weeks .....ahh i'm going to look so bald....also when can I start using Minoxidol ie Rogaine?

You can start rogaine now if you want. You only have to wait to use rogaine until all your scabs have fallen off, which is usually 8-10 days.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians