How young is too young?

I've been on propecia for 7 months now, no idea whether it is working or not, really can't tell.

But it's got me thinking about HT's again and how 20-30 is probably the most important decade of my life.

In this time, I go to university (almost finished one degree - hoping to go to med school next year) get my first real job, probably find the girl etcetc, so all these huge and important changes, I feel as though I should be as confident as possible (and my hair knocks the wind out of my sails some times).

A lot of you would say 20 is too young for a HT, and on the whole I agree, as who knows what the loss may be in the future, but surely at some point, it's time to bite the bullet?

If I could get 5 years of no real hair troubles before I had to cross the 'receding again' bridge, I'd be more than happy. Just to get out of these critical years.

Is this my emotional side taking over?

On one hand I worry about further loss, on the other, I worry that I'm wasting my early years worrying about something I should be too young to worry about, for all I know, I could die at age 30.

Needed to get that off my chest.

Age should only be one factor when deciding if a person is a candidate for hair restoration surgery. My thought is that a patient must understand if more hair loss occurs in the future (which is likely) that more transplants may be required and any hairline/frontal works needs to be done in a conservative location that will look appropriate with aging. I agree that it is more important when you are young. Life is very short, enjoy it while you can because you never know how much longer any of us will be here.