Day 14 Pics - Umar 3000 FUE

Abedogg

nice find Dr. PGP icon_wink.gif

that video was very interesting to say the least. i was always wondering how they do it with the electric drill. i've seen the work (video) with the hand punch tool before, but not this kind. so once again thanks for sharing.

one more thing Dr. PGP icon_smile.gif, those transected grafts that you saw, are they those @ 7.50 min. mark or the ones when they were showing how they pull them out at around 5 and 6 min. mark?

I agree. Great video. I'm surprised we see lots of strip procedures and very few videos of how the manual punch works or videos like this that show an electric drill.

Anybody know how Dr. True's results have been?

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by glajo:

Sometimes FUE becomes necessary depending on the circumstances. I myself had 4 strips done by the late Dr. Chambers for a total of 1200 grafts. Strips in the mid to late 90's were done only several hundred grafts per session. I was satisfied with results. I had two more strips done with a Dr. Thomas Tzikas for a total of 800 more grafts and was satisfied with results. Unfortunately by this time the donor area had thinned out a good amount. I went to a coalition doctor to get this thinned donr area filled in. This doctor got 2 strips, one from left and right side of head. It was successful. We agreed to do a minor touch up to fill in one minor area. He got one more strip from left side of head which was still with thick amount of hair. Unfortunatley this donor strip of only 200 grafts ruined this donr area. The hair below this donor strip thinned out during surgery right away and never grew back. I had shock loss 7 months after surgery to area above this donor strip and this hair never grew back either. I have never experienced any kind of shock loss in the past strip procedures I had. Had I known according to this doctor that with multiple procedures there is a risk of hair loss, I would have opted for FUE for the final procedure and saved myself a lot of grief. Ironically this doctor didnt mention to me FUE as a second option even though he performs it. If this doctor knew according to him there is hair loss risk with multiple procedures, he should not have sliced my head open for a mere 200 grafts. Dont ask me for the name of this coalition doctor because as much as I hate this man, I am afraid he may start some kind of lawsuit and he already caused me enough headaches. I made an appointment with an FUE only doctor that agreed to help me and I am grateful. I included a pic in here of what this ruined donor area looks like now and you can see the thin strip scar that was left with the unforunate amount of hair that was lost and never grew back. All I can say is DONT let your head be sliced open for repair work if possible for a small amount of grafts.

This is a different situation, but prior to going to Dr.Umar for FUE, I had a doc that wanted to do TWO strips for a small hairline procedure. I ran out of there like a bat out of hell. Sorry for the sidetrack, but in my case I am glad I don't have a scar in the back of my head for a small hairline job, it just would not have made sense.

Atticu

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

• 3 weeks later...