Another Shout Out for Dr. Gabel

Hey everyone,

Well, looking at my head is like looking at a hair transplantation museum from 1991 to 2010.

I got my first procedure very early in 91. Plugs were used behind my hairline. I again had transplants done in 94 and 97 using micrografts instead which greatly softened my hairline. But I was never really satisfied. Yeah the results were getting better and better but I simply wasn't quite there yet. I still had a real "V" shape to my frontal hairline and it was pretty obvious that I had a receding hairline.

I decided to take action in July of O9 and saw a doc in Portland. I did not get a good vibe from her at all with a lot of "maybes" and "sort ofs" thrown my way. For example, "I can MAYBE get 800 grafts total". I left deflated. I then did more research and went to Dr. Gabels office for a consultation in early Feb of this year. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! His enthusiasm for his work is immeadiately apparent. I got a positive vibe from him right away and I KNEW he was the doc for me. His philosophy about hair restoration is spot on. He made me feel at ease and I left feeling much more enthusiastic.

My transplant was last week. I had remembered from earlier work the pain and the major swelling I had after the operation (they still did a great job but were limited in the technology available to them at the time). I was in slight discomfort (a 1 on a scale of 0 to 10) the day after the operation and I have had absolutely no swelling (which for me is amazing). And he was able to get almost 1250 grafts placed in my frontal hairline, weigh more than I thought possible. Everything that day of surgery went so smooth. He and his staff were top notch. I can't say enough good things about my experience. Coming from a guy who last had a procedure done in 97, man these grafts are TINY!

Now its just a waiting game but I cannot wait to see what the final results will be. I can tell at looking where the grafts were placed and by their density that I will finally have the hairline I've wanted since the 90's.

So kudos to Dr. Gabel and his staff.

Thanks Badger,

I looked at your pics, congrats, that is an AMAZING transformation. It makes me even more excited for the results, your hairline is incredibly natural and your thickness is great with relatively few grafts (for the amount of balding you had). Dr. Gabel is extremely talented.

I got only 1250 but I am not as balding as you once were, especially in the middle. Basically all of them were placed in the frontal area and my graft area is shaped like a football and only extends a few inches back. I have a pretty extreme "V" hairline with OK density in the middle (in some lighting you can see a little through it) and little on the outsides. Its apparent that I'll go from a "V" to a "U" when all is said and done and my hairline is almost back to where it once was.

Like you I have some thinning in the crown but am on Rogaine and started Propecia about 7 months ago. I'd MUCH rather have all the grafts placed in the front than to spread them out. The crown filling may come another day.

Cheers!

Congratulations on such a promising and positive surgical experience with Dr Gabel. He seems to be mentioned more and more here on this forum and only for the right things. Continue with you positive attitude and I wish you all the luck regarding growth. Keep us updated!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.