Finasteride 1MG Losing effect should I Up the dosage?

alix

I've been taking Finasteride 1MG daily for the past 10 years (this includes 1/4 proscar for first 2-3 years,and 1 year of real Propecia),I feel that hairloss on my top/crown area is progressing,I've read some HT doctors recommend upping the dose of Finasteride in some long term users,and was thinking about taking 1.5 MG or 2MG daily instead of 1 MG.

anyone has any advice in this regard??

I am also thinking about possibly switching to Dutasteride but "Avodart" brand is very expensive and cheaper generic brands like "Duprost" and "Dutas" appear to be poor in quality & effectiveness for some reason (based on various patient experiences I read on web) therefore I'm not too sure about Dutasteride.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS : I've post the tread in the wrong section,moderators please move it to the hair loss drugs section.thanks.

Edited by alix

What brand of finasteride are you currently using? Have you switched suppliers recently (online etc)?

If you are outside the US and get your generic from the pharmacy, you might want to bump up the dosage for 6 months and see where you stand after that. If you don't notice any improvement you can always start a dut routine.

Also, just like you mentioned with Adovart and it's generic counterparts, have you considered going back to proscar? You did originally start with it (higher 1.25mg dosage too), and I assume you had success there.