Questions asked by HT newbie~plz help?

Hi

I'm 27 and I started loosing hair since I was 16 but the problem is getting worse this year. Therefore I'm considering for a HT. I found a few 3$ per graft clinic and one 2$ clinic(http--www.doctorhairtransplant.com). Is there any risk for trying this low cost HT? (I can't afford if it over 3$ per graft , my budget is about $6,000 includes everything) I've heard people saying about their bad HT, what could go wrong? why these people need to do 2-4 HT in 3-4 years. I thought the HT hair last at least a few years?

How many different hair transplant out there? I thought Follicular Unit Extraction method is the most doctor used but is it the best so far? I called the 2$ graft clinic earlier and the lady told me I dont need any evaluation before surgery, is it true? I'm living in Maryland, any recommendation around my area?

Lastly, here's the pictures abuot my hair, will you able to tell me approximately how many graft I'd need? I want to fill up the crown part and front hair line. oh ya, also do I need to cut my hair real short for HT?

Thanks so much~

Hi

I'm 27 and I started loosing hair since I was 16 but the problem is getting worse this year. Therefore I'm considering for a HT. I found a few 3$ per graft clinic and one 2$ clinic(http--www.doctorhairtransplant.com). Is there any risk for trying this low cost HT? (I can't afford if it over 3$ per graft , my budget is about $6,000 includes everything) I've heard people saying about their bad HT, what could go wrong? why these people need to do 2-4 HT in 3-4 years. I thought the HT hair last at least a few years?

How many different hair transplant out there? I thought Follicular Unit Extraction method is the most doctor used but is it the best so far? I called the 2$ graft clinic earlier and the lady told me I dont need any evaluation before surgery, is it true? I'm living in Maryland, any recommendation around my area?

Lastly, here's the pictures abuot my hair, will you able to tell me approximately how many graft I'd need? I want to fill up the crown part and front hair line. oh ya, also do I need to cut my hair real short for HT?

Thanks so much~

A good ht should last alot longer than a few years, as for no evaluation before surgery alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear to stay away.You have alot of choice of good ethical docs on this forum, if the price means waiting abit longer, in the long term it will be worth it. Take your time and do plenty of research. good luck

Hi. As someone on a budget, i empathize with your situation. i just had a surgery with a doctor with a cheap rate (2.00 per follicular unit)I have to say that he met my qulifications( ive had 2 other surgeries). Just because a doctor doesnt charge 4 to 5 $ a graft doesnt mean that theyre incompetent. iN FACT dR. oCHS is A highly qualified Doctor. he has performed thousands of surgeries and his results are great. But be aware of the "mills" that are out there though.. make sure your doc has the experience, is licenced, and is well known to the hair transplant community. Im about a month out, and i can see the hair sprouts. He has exceeded my expections, while saving me a little dough.rEGARDING the woman who told you that you dont need any evaluation, that is a "mill" characteristic and you should be careful. At the clinic that i went, i got 1600 grafts for about 3 grand.

juanc

1000 grafts with dr rosanelli

1000 grafts with Dr. Peterson

1600 (july 17) with Dr. Ochs

Hey Wing definately stay away from that clinic that said no consult......they just want your money. the good thing about this site is that you will be able to find a good doctor on here and not have to really worry about the outcome. I just booked a procedure in October with Dr. Wong from Hasson & Wong after doing tons of research. I to am on a budget and at the end of the day decided to finance part of my surgery because I dont want have to worry about the outcome so the extra money is worth it.....in that I am confident in the Dr. I picked and the results that I saw. If you cut corners and some dr. screws you up, you will be paying alot more in the end just to try and repair the work. There are some great doctors on here at fair prices like H&W, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Feller, Dr. Shapiro and the list goes on. Consult with some over the phone and send pics online to them, that's what I did. Also dont be afraid to travel to get the procedure done. I am traveling across the country and literally into another country to get my transplant done. Usually any good doctor will give you an allowance to cover airfare and hotel stay. Sorry to ramble on and I hoep this helps a little. If you have any questions at all let me know because I have been through what you are going through right now and know how it feels.