Suture area after Hair transplant

Hi,

I am currently in 6th day post op after my hair transplant. my grafted area are fine i dont find any pain or swelling. today i went to the clinic to remove first set of sutures. I was told by the clinic that it wont pain. But yesterday i felt the pain so i was skeptic about removing the first set of sutures.

But it pained a lot when the first set of sutures were removed. is this normal?

please advise.

i have another set of suture removal next tuesday hopefully it doesnt pain at that time. When i touch the donor area i feel little pain but if i touch the stiches i feel little sharp pain.

I did my HT with Dr Rosanelli SFO.

Regards

thank you very much for the reply.

the pain is bearable. and i feel it will go away in another few days. also i think i am being little paranoid thinking what may happen. May be i touched the area too many times in the past two days its causing me pain.

I will just leave it to heal and dont touch it for some time.

thanks,

skj,

Yes, that area is very tender where the sutures are and undoubtedly will be for several more weeks.

I have always been an advocate of spraying the area with a saline mixture of warm water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before removing the sutures.

This is especially helpful with staples to soften/moisten the area and to potentially reduce pain associated when the staples/thread are being pulled through and away from existing tissue/scabbing.

You should notice an improvement each week and even over-the-counter pain reducers work fine at this point post-op.

Best wishes in your new growth!:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

SKJ,

You should notice improvement every week that goes by. Best wishes to you.:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY