Recovered for xmas??

Hey all,

Got a list of dates from Dr feriduni, was initially hopin to go in october but he's all booked for that month. I'm now lookin at last week in November as it will suit me taking 2weeks off work!! That would be about 4 wks prior to Xmas ant I'm wondering would I have healed and my buzzed hair have grown back enough to conceal the ht for the Xmas period??

I wear my hair on back and side at 10mm(grade3) and on top at 25mm(grade 8). His secretary said that recipient area buzzed to grade 3 would look fine after 2-3 weeks!! Would her idea of grade 3 be the same as mine?? If so I would shave grade 3 around the hairline and leave it at a grade 5 or 6 behind it if it was possible. That way with 4 weeks growth it would grow almost 1cm and help cover it up!!

I will b out of work for 2 weeks and try to avoid the girlfriend for that period too :-\ its bad I know but I don't think I can say it to her!! She is away in college then so we will only see each oyjer at weekends!! will have sum excuse those weekends that I'm visiting friends??!!

Anyway can I have your opinions on this and am I being realistic?? Thanks

Are you doing FUT or FUE? 4 weeks is usually a good amount of time for the pinkness to go away on top, but there could be some slight noticeability but really not bad at all. If you have the FUE the donor section should look fine by then, but if you have FUT the scar may be a bit noticeable if your hair is short. Also expect to have some shocking to the recipient and possibly to the donor area so you could possibly look thinner for the holiday, but overall you should be ok. At that point you could also use cosmetics like dermatch or toppik to conceal any pinkness or thinning.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks thehairupthere

I am planning an FUE session of about 1000 to the hairline!! As I am fair skinned m hoping to keep my hair behind the hairline long enough to be able to conceal after 2wks, but definitely over the holiday!!!

It's so frustrating thinking of what to do as if I don't gt the ht then il be shaving it bald anyway :-\ but the thoughts of looking odd with the growing hairs and pinkness is putting me off the ht!!

I'm 25 and have been receding since I was 19. It started at sides but now also receding at the front middle of the hairline. I look very similar to my dad and have same shaped head so I assume il follow his baldness. He is probably a 6/7 wit small amount of coverage on top!!

I am on rogaine foam 5% but it doesn't seem to working. I am not going to try fin as I'm afraid of the sides, taking that chance is not worth it to me!!

I am going conservative and know that if I follow my dad I will need at least another 1or 2 hts

Definitely continue using the minoxidil. It's very common to see the hairline continue to recede even with the medication but it works very well at retaining your native hair on top and on the crown. I'm not sure how long you've used the medication but it usually takes at least 6 months to see less hair thinning and regrowth occurs closer to a year. If you stop you will certainly lose more hair in the future so I suggest staying on it. Get some cosmetics to hide any potential pinkness that way you'll feel much more confident about the holidays, but again I don't think it will be noticeable, just better to be safe.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Really appreciate your input. I was on minoxidil for almost a year and switched to rogaine foam about 5 months ago. Maybe it has slowed down the recession at d sides towards the back as they don't seen to have moved much but the front is certainly receding back towards meeting where the sides are.

Now i just need to grow a pair and book my date :-D