New Growth: Wispy, Straggly, New Hairs.

corvettester

Hi guys, just ran across this post. I have now had thee procedures. First was 2000 grafts and is almost 30 months post op the second was 2000 and is about 14 months post op and the third was 2800 grafts and is 4.5 months post op.

All my hair is still wispy and curly. I guess some has calmed down and matured some but it still not close to my native hair. I wonder if it ever will become so. I dont think it can be mishandled grafts as I have seen other pacients from the same techs and dr. without this problem. I guess there is probably a good amount of scar tissue there because all three procedures have added density to the same area.

I am wondering if having additional procedures before my hair has matured has prolonged the maturation process. If it is scar tissue causing the problem is there anything I can do to reduce the scar tissue? Will my hair always be this way? Any insight would be great.

Very common & par for the course

I recall photos of my "frizzy" stage from my newly transplanted hair. They were realy coarse and looked odd.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

It takes about 12-16 months (after each surgery) for the hairs to fully mature.

Each one is on their own schedule

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 weeks later...

Have had one HT and am now at the 18 month stage. I still have tons of hair that is coarse, crooked, wispy, "pubic hair" looking,whatever the hell you want to call it. The doctor had said that it was due to poor handling of the grafts but nothing else was said as to whether it would straighten itself out.

The hair is very unpleasant looking( like a tangled mess) and feeling. Makes me very disappointed with the entire HT procedure.