Now deciding to go this way, my story.

iIncepted

I am posting here after a long time. The truth is I had stopped worrying. Well I made a post when I joined the forum expressing how the hair loss is shaking my confidence and giving me sleepless nights. This was true until I discovered concealers. Using dermmatch and Nanogen, I achieved thickness, but not style. I slowly and steadily accepted this fact, moved on and stopped worrying.

Recently (2-3months), my hair got my attention back when I got a new haircut. I decided to try different style but it wont stay. Due to extreme thinning in crow and front area, it required continuous combing. It would look good in mirror and when I am leaving home, but a little bit wind or sweat would completely mess it up. It is difficult to keep the head in the same way. Even sometimes I felt you could see bit of nanogen fibers sitting (if you look very closely).

So, I got the HT thought back and decided that this is the last resort. I had previously made up my mind of having HT this June but never got to the execution or research. Again all the worrying and tension came back, but this time it wasn’t that bad. I decided I would soon start research and go for one early next year.

Now something interesting happened with me this week. I was on flight and the person sitting next to me sparked a random conversation. While we where talking, he pointed out that he could make out that there was something weird about my hair. Getting little nervous, I pretended that I have no idea what he was talking about. He comforted me saying that I need not worry, as he also was once a concealer user. He also suggested that because of his experience he can make out and a normal person will usually not. We started talking all about hair loss and I brought up my HT thought. His thoughts about HT were basically it could just grow bit of hair but you could never get the style and look that one desire. We started going into details and I was shocked when he confessed that he was wearing a hair system. I was really blown away as no way his hair looked fake.

Now I was actually interested in knowing more about his fake hair. I asked him every single details and he was more than happy to answer all my questions. He mentioned that his hair loss was horrible and when he got a chance to change jobs and move to a new city, he decided to experiment with hair systems. He flew all the way to Korea to get his system. He also pointed out that maintenance is a pain and require dedicated couple of hours per week if you decide to do it yourself, but that was a small price to pay for your looks. I got the contact details of him and his supplier when we parted ways.

This experience left me very confused and raised more doubts about HT. I know HT may work, but it is true that I will never get the hair I once had. I am now seriously considering getting a system. I have browsed through several forums and concluded that if you find the right supplier then you can pull off a natural look.

I have also noticed that this forum is little bit against systems, which I am not surprised as it is mainly dedicated to HT.

As of now I still have a lot of hair and to pull off a right system would require me to shave most of my head. This is a very difficult decision for me and I am still working between system and HT. I know I can plan transition with 3 wigs and get my ultimate style. I really would like to know what are your views on this.

Thank you for the read.

As you have discovered for yourself, hair systems can be almost if not totally undetectable if some simple ground rules are established.

The most important factors, in no particular order, are hair colour match, sensible density that matches and compliments your own remaining side and back hair, hair texture which includes the hair thickness and wave or curl and natural hairlines and last but certainly not least a great stylist who will cut your system in for you.

Thanks to the leaps and bounds made in the hair replacement industry that gone are the days when you could spot a toupee easily if you get the above correct and you get a good supplier with great customer service.

There are more guys out there wearing than people think and that is down to how good they can be.

You really only spot the bad ones!

My only advice would be to stay clear of any company offering contracts that tie you in and the silly high prices that some charge?

Also beware of companies with hidden service costs!

Maintenance is not difficult if you choose to go it alone,once you understand what you need to do then it is a breeze and above all else keep it simple!

If you dettach and clean up yourself it will only take you roughly an hour tops to do which is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Without seeing some pictures of your hair loss it is difficult to advise what path is more suited to you.

But i have to say that wearing a system is a very viable way to go for a lot of people (especially the very many guys who went the transplant route only to find out that the look they wanted to achieve was not possable or else it failed for them) if they choose to see by the stigma that is attached to wearing but then a lot of that is based on what yesterdays technology had to offer!

Post up some photos, if you can, for more specific advice that could help you in making your decision.

• 4 weeks later...

amongst all the solutions available I find hair systems the best, when it comes to getting a full head of hair. Nothing else can be as good.

So I would encourage you to go for it. But be careful to choose the right company and be prepared to ask many questions and look hard to find a good solution.

But once you have found your perfect solution you will be really happy!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree 100000000000000 percent

amongst all the solutions available i find hair systems the best, when it comes to getting a full head of hair. Nothing else can be as good.

So i would encourage you to go for it. But be careful to choose the right company and be prepared to ask many questions and look hard to find a good solution.

But once you have found your perfect solution you will be really happy!