Sexual Side Effects on Finasteride

sjones23

Well i took finasteride for 10 years.After 06 majorly painful stem cell sessions my remaining hair has turned totally white. And yes in between those sessions he had asked me to take finasteride 05 times a week...and yes right away after week one i realised that semen was watery and that the erections had started to reduce. Its been 06 months now and sadly i havent gained much libido at all. Now that i have lost all my hair and look 45 can anyone please let me know what is the antidote for this poison? 10 years of my life wasted. All in vain. Am really lucky i have an understanding wife. But is there a solution ahead? Plus i have also noticed that i have gained a lot of weight, and even though i used to work out for 02 hours a day i still couldnt lose weight and generally suffered from laziness, sleep apnea and big time depression.

Warm Regards,

DS

DS3

No offence dude.. but you took it for 10 years ??? thats what most probably did the damage overall in your case. if your side effects were so severe you should of stopped after 6-12 MONTHS! and sought after an alternative instead.

2% of Fin users experience the side effects you were unfortunatly in that 2% , if something is bad you stop. you don't carry on for 10 years?? .

I'm shortly going to go ahead an start to take propecia , small doses 3 times a week to start on and see how it goes. if i get bad sides in anyway and the drug does nothing around 6 months i will drop it completely and move onto something else..( trial and error man )

Until i have enough money saved for a HT ...

Also in another thread you posted a few minutes before you posted in this one , you stated all your hair had turned white??

yet in this one you have stated you have lost all your hair? which one is it ? i'm truly sorry about your story i'm just trying to make sense of it thats all.

Peace

DS3

No offence dude.. but you took it for 10 years ??? thats what most probably did the damage overall in your case. if your side effects were so severe you should of stopped after 6-12 MONTHS! and sought after an alternative instead.

2% of Fin users experience the side effects you were unfortunatly in that 2% , if something is bad you stop. you don't carry on for 10 years?? .

I'm shortly going to go ahead an start to take propecia , small doses 3 times a week to start on and see how it goes. if i get bad sides in anyway and the drug does nothing around 6 months i will drop it completely and move onto something else..( trial and error man )

Until i have enough money saved for a HT ...

2% user XP in side effects is damn disputable.

Well i took finasteride for 10 years.After 06 majorly painful stem cell sessions my remaining hair has turned totally white. And yes in between those sessions he had asked me to take finasteride 05 times a week...and yes right away after week one i realised that semen was watery and that the erections had started to reduce. I

I'm confused. "Painful stem cell" sessions? Of what sort? And only then were you asked to take finasteride 5x/week? Most people take it daily. What sort of regimen were you on for the previous 10 years? And what do the stem cell sessions have to do with the side effects?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Also in another thread you posted a few minutes before you posted in this one , you stated all your hair had turned white??

yet in this one you have stated you have lost all your hair? which one is it ? i'm truly sorry about your story i'm just trying to make sense of it thats all.

Peace

No offence was intended and hence non taken. I guess i was very vague. Well initially when i started losing hair i took finasteride. Over the course of time {20 to 27} i got married and earlier didnt really attribute the laziness and the general feeling of lack of libido as every person differs as an individual and i thought that maybe i was one of those guys who just didnt excited as much as the average guy.

Now after marriage i was away on a project for 06 months and i didnt have access to finasteride. When i came back we even had a child. But then i thought that the strain of the project had started my hair loss again. So i went in for stem cell therapy coupled with mesotherapy wherein the doctor scratched my scapl and injected the stem cells. Now this happened every sat for 06 weeks. And then during the time of the routine i was on finasteride for 05 days a week.

That actually screwed me up---no pun intended---and after those 06 weeks neither did i get any hair back and the remaining ones on the side of my head are totally white. Probably from the physical trauma it faced in mesotherapy. My photo in my profile pic is when i was 28 and now at 31 all the hair on the major area of my scalp has gone.

Hope i was clear enoough. My major mistake was not to do any research at all about the medicines that i took and just blindly believed my doc. Btw i have been told that even after HT does one still have to take finasteride for a year or so till the grafts dont heal completely. Is that true?

Warm Regards,

DS

I'm confused. "Painful stem cell" sessions? Of what sort? And only then were you asked to take finasteride 5x/week? Most people take it daily. What sort of regimen were you on for the previous 10 years? And what do the stem cell sessions have to do with the side effects?

For 09 to 10 years it was 1 mg a day 3 times a week. Then i underwent a stem cell therapy along with mesotherapy caused a lot of physical trauma to the existing hair which are now white. After that i took it for another 06 months and now once i have stopped the new hair is gone, plus a lot more of my earlier hair too and the remaining few ones on the side of my scalp are now white.

Hope i managed to be a lot more clearer now.

Warm Regards,

DS

Hmm. I took finasteride for 10 years with zero side effects, 1mg/daily. Then last January, I upped my dose to 1.5mg/daily. Within a week I noticed lack of morning erections and generally weaker erections. I briefly thought I had some sensations in my testicles as well. But, I don't know how much of that was psychosomatic because of the horror stories I'd read online and the fear it caused.

So I stopped the drug but the symptoms persisted this Spring. More than one urologist said I was fine and it was just stress. After all, I'd moved to NYC, had a parent die and then separated from my wife during which there was a lot of sexual tension and frustration - all this was in the course of a very stressful year. And it was like one day my body broke. But it also coincided with the same time I upped my finasteride dose.

So was it meds or stress?

It's now been 10 months and the symptoms persist. There was a period in May when I got out of NYC for 3 weeks and really relaxed. During that time I had a libido again. I was masturbating 3 times a day. I even hooked up with my wife one night and had strong erections.

But then I returned to NYC, and the symptoms came back.

More than one doctor has said it would be impossible to be on a drug for 10 years with no side effects and then suddenly get them from upping a dose by .5mg. Is that true? I don't know. But 3-4 docs & urologists seem to think finasteride is not the problem, it's stress, anxiety and depression.

I want to keep monitoring this issue and post more on it soon. But I am interested to hear you had a similar experience as me, regarding change of dose. It just seems strange. I am having my testosterone, DHT and prolactin checked in about a week, but so far all the tests I've gotten have been completely normal. I am also (slightly embarrassed) about to try prostate massages with a device I got from High Island since I feel a very slight inflammation in my prostate, although my doc says the prostate looks normal.

My Hairloss Blog »

Hmm. I took finasteride for 10 years with zero side effects, 1mg/daily. Then last January, I upped my dose to 1.5mg/daily. Within a week I noticed lack of morning erections and generally weaker erections. I briefly thought I had some sensations in my testicles as well. But, I don't know how much of that was psychosomatic because of the horror stories I'd read online and the fear it caused.

So I stopped the drug but the symptoms persisted this Spring. More than one urologist said I was fine and it was just stress. After all, I'd moved to NYC, had a parent die and then separated from my wife during which there was a lot of sexual tension and frustration - all this was in the course of a very stressful year. And it was like one day my body broke. But it also coincided with the same time I upped my finasteride dose.

So was it meds or stress?

It's now been 10 months and the symptoms persist. There was a period in May when I got out of NYC for 3 weeks and really relaxed. During that time I had a libido again. I was masturbating 3 times a day. I even hooked up with my wife one night and had strong erections.

But then I returned to NYC, and the symptoms came back.

More than one doctor has said it would be impossible to be on a drug for 10 years with no side effects and then suddenly get them from upping a dose by .5mg. Is that true? I don't know. But 3-4 docs & urologists seem to think finasteride is not the problem, it's stress, anxiety and depression.

I want to keep monitoring this issue and post more on it soon. But I am interested to hear you had a similar experience as me, regarding change of dose. It just seems strange. I am having my testosterone, DHT and prolactin checked in about a week, but so far all the tests I've gotten have been completely normal. I am also (slightly embarrassed) about to try prostate massages with a device I got from High Island since I feel a very slight inflammation in my prostate, although my doc says the prostate looks normal.

My point being why subject oneself to so much mental torture....suggest reduce dosages and quit slowly....really not worth the effort....who knows ten years later it maybe found that its really an evil drug and the body is compromised on many other fronts too.....after i have quit and its only been some months now i do feel a lot more energetic though.Just a suggestion. Or maybe you can continue till your grafts have settled....but pls dont continue on this for life time. Not worth it at all.

Warm Regards,

DS

Well long story short, I'm off the meds and have been off most of this year. But apart from that it has also been the most stressful year of my life. And I know that high stress increases the production of DHT and the combination of those things can cause things like non-bacterial Prostatitis which is something I might possibly have, according to the doc, although it's a vague diagnosis. So I'm on antibiotics and prostate massage and warm baths for awhile to see what difference it makes. Also trying to exercise and do a bit of meditation.

My Hairloss Blog »

guys, i used to be on 1 mg fins for over a year about 4 years ago. had fantastic results..to the extent i was almost back to nw 1 from 3. but had strong sides ..so i quit it. i even have testosterone levels tested by ferti;ity test as we were planning to start a family. my testo levels dropped from 80 k to 10 k and after i quit fins went back up to 55 k. anyways...its upto individual if u need to be on fins. i was wondering what is the test for montoring or checking DHT levels. what are safe numbers ? any thoughts?

guys, i used to be on 1 mg fins for over a year about 4 years ago. had fantastic results..to the extent i was almost back to nw 1 from 3. but had strong sides ..so i quit it. i even have testosterone levels tested by ferti;ity test as we were planning to start a family. my testo levels dropped from 80 k to 10 k and after i quit fins went back up to 55 k. anyways...its upto individual if u need to be on fins. i was wondering what is the test for montoring or checking DHT levels. what are safe numbers ? any thoughts?

Sorry to hear you had to quit after you had great results . did you ever think of playing around with your dose to reduce the side effects ??

Sorry to hear you had to quit after you had great results . did you ever think of playing around with your dose to reduce the side effects ??

i was already on 1 mg/day every alternate day. didnt dare to try anything else after i noted drop of significant levels in testosterone. anybody knows what test i can go for if i want to monitor my DHT levels as i am trying some alternate medicine like procerin and crinagen.

i was already on 1 mg/day every alternate day. didnt dare to try anything else after i noted drop of significant levels in testosterone. anybody knows what test i can go for if i want to monitor my DHT levels as i am trying some alternate medicine like procerin and crinagen.

this is what worries me , i'm possibly going to start fin on 0.5mg every other day see how it feels and if theres any results.

I'm currently on procerin actually, too early to say anything as only been 4 weeks . but after researching and asking on the boards at various websites its not an effective product ( hence the reason why i am thinking of taking the plunge and going with the Fin )

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, although this post was spcefically about 'Rogane', it is context of Minoxidil, please take into the consideration the following which I posted on a another forum with respect the side effects MANY MANY men have reported from using 'Rogane' & similar 'wonder' products, I trust & feel you are all intelligent men of the world, so, do please consider the follwing seriously & take up your own research if it rings true to you in some capacity, many thanks... 'THE COMPANY 'PFIZER' OWN/MAKE ROGANE, 'PFIZER' MAKE VIAGARA, YOU ARE ALL HAVING ISSUES WITH ‘ed’. THESE PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED TO WORK ON THE SHAME OR EMASCULATION WE FEEL WHEN NOT LIVING UP TO BEING A ‘MAN’. SO, VIAGARA SALES GO UP WHEN THE OLD CHAP STAYS DOWN, NOT MANY MEN WILL TALK OF USING HAIR ‘RESTORER’, SO WE THEN CANT TALK ABOUT THE SEXUAL ‘IMPOTENCE’ THAT MAY COME FROM USING SAID HAIR PRODUCT, SO WE GO BUY A WONDER PILL FROM SAME SAID COMPANY… COINCIDENCE?… GENIUS ISN’T IT? HOW WE PLAY THE SHAME GAME… IT IS SIMPLY LOGIC, MATHS & PFIZERS ECONOMIC GAIN… BE HAPPY IN YOURSELVES GENTS, THE WORLD HAS MANY PROBLEMS, DON’T BUY INTO THE LITTLE ONES THROUGH BEING MADE BY MEDIA TO FEEL ‘LESS THAN A MAN’, STAND TALL WITH YOUR BALLS HELD PROUDLY IN BOTH HANDS!'

Its no hidden agenda that pharmaceutical companies are owned by business men, and business men will seek even immoral ways to make money out of the pockets of their 'patients'.

The problem here, is that you make it sound as if it were intentional, when it clearly isn't. Minoxidil and Finasteride are medications that help grow hair, the sexual side-effects, are side-effects, I don't believe the chemists at Pfizer or Merk were having a great time scheming a hair-loss drug that would help their company sell more impotence drug as well. That's paranoia.

Business men will sell you their virgin daughters if it sells high. But I think that doctors and chemists have higher moral values and will not succumb so easily to create an intentional sexually debilitating drug. There are exceptions though, like the AIDs chemists... but that's another story.