2000 Grafts DR. MESHKIN

Athena,

I would say that this is a great result! In the pictures his hair is damp and I bet it looks even fuller when dry.

Would you happen to have any immediate post-op pics and a graft break down?

Again, great result especially for 2,000 grafts.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks Athena!

I have a question. It appears that Dr. Meshkin uses a larger punch for the recipient region grafts. This is most apparent in the immediate post-op pic of the crown. I also noticed this with futbol9's pictures. Are these just larger grafts; i.e. 3 and 4 hair units? What size instrument does he typically use for the slits in the recipient region? Again, this patient grew very well in the end and the results look simply excellent. I'm just curious about his approach.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Thanks for your kind words. Doctor said that his philosophy on the size and number of follicular units placed in the recipient area differs depending on the hair color, hair characteristics, facial characteristics, ethnicity and age. Usually the hairline and temples are recreated using one and two hair follicular units for the first one inch. After that we use three and four to fill in the midfront areas for density. As for the crown, we use one and two hair for the center of the whirl and as we move to the periphery we use three and four hair follicular units. The three and four hair units are placed in the 19 and 18 gauge needles. This technique gives alot more density with less number of grafts. Again the number of ones, twos and threes differrs for each individual depending on the facial and hair color and features.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Meshkin who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Thanks Athena. Again, this patient looks fantastic. Well done!

Hello there,

we are located in the southern california area and we have several ofiices. Here is a link to our office locations Orange County Hair Transplant, California Hair Restoration, Los Angeles Hair Restoration | hairtrans

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Meshkin who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.