Should I stop using Regaine foam?

geek84

Good Afternoon guys

I am an Asian in my mid 40s and have been experiencing hair loss for the last 5 years or so. The bald patch around my scalp seems to be growing bigger and bigger!

Anyway, I started using Regaine Foam about 4 months ago, and could see a difference – the hair appeared to start to grow in my previous bald patch. However, during the last fortnight or so, I seem to have experienced the opposite effect! Every time I wash my hair, a significant amount of hair seems to fall off. This loss has been so great that it seems I am back to square one with my baldness – I seem to have lost most of my hair which grew previously by using the foam! On top of that, whenever I put on the foam, I feel a burning sensation on my scalp and the scalp feels very dry & flaky.

I would be most grateful if you could advice whether or not I should stop using Regaine Foam? Also, do you think I could use, say, baby oil on my scalp to get some moisture back?

Thanks in advance for your response

The shedding is a normal part of using rogaine it's temporary so I wouldn't worry about it. The burning sensation on the otherhand is not a good thing, and you should speak to your dermatologist or a recommended doctor on this site about it. It sounds like it's irritating your scalp so stop using it, and perhaps you should consider using propecia (finasteride) instead of rogaine.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians